• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with shoes

alexb2

Reaction score
Hello, been a lurker here forever and this forum has helped out much. I want to get a new pair of shoes to go with my new Canali Navy blue suit. I want something that has a Italian/Euro look to it. I was at Nordstrom today and these shoes from Salvatore Ferragamo.
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/salvato...oxford/3206210?origin=category&resultback=634
and
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/salvato...xford/3096278?origin=category&resultback=5134

The one is $475 and the other $595. From reading on this forum, I found that many say these are nice shoes but way overpriced.
Please offer any advice for alternatives to Salvatore Ferragamo or thoughts on them. Though I would like to spend less, will pay that amount if a shoe is worth it.

I also did see some Romano Martegani that I liked, just having trouble finding ones in my size that I like. I am a 12 D but most of the ones I scene on some web sites did not have my size.
I did kind of like this one from them and in my size but the none round toe kind of turns me off.
http://www.pelleline.com/store/product-info.php?romano_martegani_shoes_2006_-_Black-pid1287.html

Thanks for any advice in advance.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

alexb2

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. Not so much fixed on the Italian shoes, just really like the look. I have a few pairs of AE and love them, just really like the look of the Salvatore when I scene them. The Santonis have the look that I was after and the price was also good.
Thanks for all the help, I knew I could count on this forum.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try hitch n supply on eBay. They sell Allen Edmonds for great prices.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alex, there is an ebay shoe ticker on the bottom of the B&S pages here. Click "view all12XX items on ebay" which will take you there. You will have a list of SF approved shoe brands;

("edward green", peal, "brooks brothers", alden, lingwood, lobb, vass, testoni, edmonds, mcafee, church, hermes, crispin, zegna, santoni, faconnable, ferragamo, gaziano, guyot, klemann, loake, maftei, melkersson, moreschi, materna, meier, myhre, pape, peron, petrocchi, reiter, scheer, schneider, stanislas, suzuki, crisci, ugolini, vogel, yanko, certo, barbera),

which you can then perform a search in your size. I usually take the brands out that I don't like and go to ebay.co.uk and do my search there. Your size range in that case should be 11-12. See what you find. Here's what I got in your size range doing the UK search.

If you see some styles you like you can then search those names on the web for stores that might carry them. Do all of this after you have browsed the B&S section here for shoes in your size, of course.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads