• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help With Shoes?

.harlequin.

Reaction score
I have several questions concerning a certain shoe...

jacks164507_73015_jb.jpg

1. Is this shoe "fashionable" or too bulky?
2. Can this shoe be worn casually?
3. Would it be bad for an adolescent or a young to middle-aged teenager to wear this? Would he be dressing "too old"?
4. If there are wrinkles in the leather or if it's sort of "chipping" away (I can't find a way to explain it. It's like chipping paint off a wall) is there a way to somehow "fix" it?

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks hot! I think the quality of lugz is equal to lobb

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are gorgeous. I think Mafoo should make this his only shoe.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emmanuel
They are gorgeous. I think Mafoo should make this his only shoe.
Hear, hear. It might give the bugger some height!

.harlequin.

Reaction score
Great.
And I don't know how to care for the shoes. Uhm, there are a lot of wrinkles appearing and it appears to be "peeling" away or something. Can you tell me how to care for leather shoes or how I can somehow fix the wrinkles and peeling?

D:

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't buy extreemly ugly shoes with corrected grain leather? These shoes can't be fixed and should be sacrificed to the god CROC ASAP. Last time someone pissed off CROC he unleashed these upon the world:
lobb.jpg
Originally Posted by .harlequin.
Great. And I don't know how to care for the shoes. Uhm, there are a lot of wrinkles appearing and it appears to be "peeling" away or something. Can you tell me how to care for leather shoes or how I can somehow fix the wrinkles and peeling? D:

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great.
And I don't know how to care for the shoes. Uhm, there are a lot of wrinkles appearing and it appears to be "peeling" away or something. Can you tell me how to care for leather shoes or how I can somehow fix the wrinkles and peeling?

D:

Whats wrong with that? These are natural characteristics of such a fine leather. These shoes are like fine wine... they get better with time

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great.
D:

Super glue works great! Since this is black, you can get the black super glue, probably better than the normal one.

cwh812

Reaction score
I have several questions concerning a certain shoe...

jacks164507_73015_jb.jpg

1. Is this shoe "fashionable" or too bulky?
2. Can this shoe be worn casually?
3. Would it be bad for an adolescent or a young to middle-aged teenager to wear this? Would he be dressing "too old"?
4. If there are wrinkles in the leather or if it's sort of "chipping" away (I can't find a way to explain it. It's like chipping paint off a wall) is there a way to somehow "fix" it?

1. Depends on where you live. If you live in Siberia you will be the most fashionable person within 100 miles.

2. Also, depends on where you live. If you live in Somalia, I wouldn't wear this casually as I'm sure they would be hot as f&^!.

3. This is fine for a young to middle aged teenager (probably no matter where you live). If you were older than 18, were my friend and were wearing these I might have to smack you.

4. If the leather is chipping away this is not a good sign. Perhaps you should put some black paint on them to cover the chips as you would re-paint a chipping wall.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute I fear people are starting to think this shoe is ok. This shoe is not ok in any circumstance!

cwh812

Reaction score
Originally Posted by emmanuel
Wait a minute I fear people are starting to think this shoe is ok. This shoe is not ok in any circumstance!

No they don't.

Agreed, but willing to let them slide for a 15 year old.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads