Help with shoes choice please

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by Alpha11, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Alpha11

Alpha11 Senior member

I am looking to get a new pair of Peal & Co shoes and wanted a little bit of advice. I have all the basic covered in the shoe wear department so this would be something different to have.

The first are a pair of boots that saw online and seeing that I do not own a pair I was thinking why not. My only issuse would be the time of the year with spring upon us. Should i wait until winter to get these?

The second pair of shoes are a pair of black punch cap toe. I already own a few pair of black AE : Central Park and Park Avenue cap toe however these look pretty sweet.

The last pair are whole cut Peal & Co in burgundy calf skin. I do not own a pair of whole cut shoes and thought it would be a nice addition to my shoes collection.

I have to wear suits almost every day and wanted something a little different to wear but also do not want to have a pair of shoes that I can only wear once in awhile. So, I would like a little feed back as to what shoes i could get the most wear out?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-...?dwvar_MH00363_Color=LTBR&contentpos=47&cgid=

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-...?dwvar_MH00235_Color=BLCK&contentpos=40&cgid=

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-...?dwvar_MH00366_Color=BLCK&contentpos=49&cgid=

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The jodhpur boots are the least versatile. Of the other two, I like the wholecuts with the medallions, but the captoes are definitely more versatile, and you'll probably get the most use out of those. They are also a considerably more elegant shoe than what you have right now.

Cheers,

Fok.

3. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Captoes. For pretty much the same reason as above.

4. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

5. Alpha11

Alpha11 Senior member

The black captoe is what the SA told me to get as well! My only reservation was that I would have a total of 5 black dress shoes ( mostly all AE) with a pair of double monk strap just being acquired two weeks ago. I own a pair of Alden cordovan color cap with medallion and Alden plan cap toe. The only walnuts color shoes are a pair of AE strand and Dryden. That is the only reason why I was thinking of the boots. The whole cuts is something I do not own but can understand why the black captoe would be the best option.

I am going to just get the Black captoe and the whole cut. I will wait on the boots but did want to know if the boots can be worn in the summer and with a suit?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The boots I really like, but they are more suited to casual use - I can see them with anything from moleskin pants to patterned wool flannels to denim, but not really with a suit that is not in the very casual, "streetwear and denim" category.