• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

help with shoe identification

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These were 'made in England' for Neiman Marcus. Anyone know who made them?

Augustus Davies

Reaction score
...show the underside, it will help to ID the shoes....

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
undersides (and a side shot) as requested

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
‘33’ is an old Edward Green last, which is not very often used these days; although it does come out occasionally for some Japanese orders.
EGlasts.jpg
The numbering is different to the one EG uses currently. I would guess, they are EG, made prior to John Hlustik taking over the company in 1981/82. Prior to that, the company was run (to the brink of bankruptcy) by an American/English consortium with Ashley Lloyd-Jennings (the co-founder of Hackett) being involved. Edward Green from the late 70s, would be my guess.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the knowledge. . .I didn't realize EG made shoes for Neiman in those days.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had these shoes for three years. I love their fit and the shoe itself, but they've been difficult to work into my rotation. They have beautiful color...the pics capture it well. But hard for me to pair with anything I currently have or wear.

Any suggestions on how to wear these?

I think I need a nice, light, summer suit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads