• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help with recovery supplements

Shift

Reaction score
First off let me say that I'm a complete noob when it comes to supplements, powders, shakes and all that jazz. For the most part, in my mind, I think carbs = energy and protein activates carbs and helps to repair muscle. I get my carbs from eating a lot of rice and usually get my protein from eating a can of tuna after a workout. But lately the tuna part is starting to get to me.

About a month ago I started a 6-day exercise routine that includes alternating weight training and hour long walks and I really want to make the most of what I do. I'm pretty much looking to lower my body fat index and define more than gain muscle (but putting on some muscle wouldn't be the worst thing to happen).

From what I can gather a recovery supplement seems like my best choice to maximize my workouts but with so many choices I have no idea which one to go with. I've been looking at getting Isoflex whey isolate http://www.popeyescanada.com/inf_allmax-IsoFLEX.php but really have no idea.

For any of you that have been/are in the same situation or have used isoflex before what would you recommend/what's you take on the product?

Sorry about the novel and thanks in advance.

-Phil

kjamesuvic

Reaction score
Haven't tried isoflex before, but I take glutamine every day and it is the beez neez. I find it helps after workout recovery a lot and my muscles (the day after exercise) are a lot less sore and more energized. Getting A LOT of protein 30-90 mins post workout plays a big factor as well. I push for a minimum of 50g and I only tip the scales at 140lbs. Get some carbs post workout as well.

My after workout routine:

a combination of a few of these: chicken, cottage cheese, steak, milk, protein shake

5g of glutamine mixed with apple juice

REST (your muscles need time to rebuild after you broke them down during your workout)

Jump in a hot shower, clean up, then turn it cold (not too cold) and stand there for 30 secs. This betters your circulation.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.