1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Ralph Lauren tag?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ryback, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Senior member

2. Ryback

Ryback Senior member

We don't have have college here in Australia, we have university.
    And no I didn't go to university, I dropped out at 11th grade.

And can you please stop degrading me in every post?

3. Patek

Patek Senior member

4. Ryback

Ryback Senior member

Yeah that's what I said.

Got a problem?

SMH

5. Patek

Patek Senior member

So, you attempt to mock someone for going to college. When asked if you ever went to college you say that there are no colleges in your country just universities. Why the college quip then? Very nonsensical (that means it doesn't make any sense). You then boast about dropping out of high school and when confronted about your conflicting posts get all "internet gansta".

Yeah, I think you are in the wrong forum.

[​IMG]

6. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

What's even worse is he claims there are no Colleges in Australia, when there are several...

Colleges in Australia are usually part of an University.

Colleges in US are also in many cases part of an University.

For instance, Harvard University holds Undergraduates in Harvard College.

Also, I was probably the only person in this thread who answered your question thoroughly. I have still yet to see a picture of you wearing this Polo. It would be nice to know, after all of this, what the Polo looks like on you.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  7. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

If you are not sure that you are going to keep the shirt and put it up for sale, pls let me know...

And break even means just that...
    RL pays the factory "X" to make the shirts and the the cost to make just about reaches "X". So the factory just about breaks even = makes no profit. So they run another lot and sell the shirts...aka....profit!
    :teach:

1 person likes this.
  8. Ryback

Ryback Senior member

Regarding the College joke, someone never watched The Simpsons.

And I never boasted about dropping out.

And regarding college vs university, they are just about the same thing in educational comparison.

But we don't have seniors, juniors, sophomores, freshmen or whatevs.
    We don't have dorms, frat houses, keg stands, college football or alpha beta kappa pies, so in a way they are different as well.

So keeping it nice and short, me calling you "Mr college graduate" doesn't make it "invalid" because Australia doesn't have colleges. I could have called you "Mr University graduate", but assuming your from the USA, I just used the American equivalent

Ironic how a dropout knows more than a "College guy", eh?

9. Ryback

Ryback Senior member

Well, yes you answered my question thoroughly, but treating me like crap in the other posts kind of lost you points.

I told you tonight I will post some pictures, it's 11AM right now!

I think it's of weird for a guy asking another guy for pictures. I think your on the wrong site.

10. Ryback

Ryback Senior member

No, it's genuine RL, so I decided to keep it.

I googled "breaking-even" and got the info I needed, but thanks for the explanation anyways :).

11. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

To make it more complicated:

If the factory costs $100,000 and shirt costs $8/shirt to make. Then at what price do you need to sell the shirts to make back the investment of the factor and production of each shirt.

2 areas where cost effect the outcome, one being fixed, the $100K, and the other being variable the $8/shirt.

So:

100,000 + 8(# of shirts) = (Total Expenditure)

(Total Expenditure) / (# of shirts) = Cost per Shirt / breakeven price per shirt

So if a factory is making 5000 shirts

They need to sell each shirt for $28 dollars to break even:

100,000 + 8(50,000) = 140,000

140,000 / 5000 = $28

Even more complicated is when you bring in pay and other sources of expense:

100,000 + 8(shirt)+5(wages)(hrs)+5(insurance) = (Total Expenditure)

So if the 5 workers work 40 hours a week and make $2.00/hr, and each worker is paid $500 for insurance

100,000+40,000+400+2500 = 142900 -> Divide this by # of shirts made = $28.58 per shirt is the selling price it would take to break even on your costs.

Quite simple actually, the idea is that the factories in China are breaking even, then they are continuing the operation after RL contract amount is done.

so in the above simpler example:

$100,000 + $8/shirt = Total Cost -> Total Cost / shirts = price per shirt that RL is paying for each shirt.

Lets assume they make 5K shirts again: 140K in cost. RL is paying them lets say 142K, that's close to breaking even.

Now if they make 10,000 shirts instead:

$100,000 + $8/shirt = 180,000, then replenish the amount RL pays them 142K, their total cost at the moment is $38K.

Now they can sell the shirts for anything above 8.00 (or above 7.60 which is the true cost of each shirt after contract is completed, and lowers with each shirt they make) .

Lets say they sell each shirt for $50. Well, that's $50 over 5000 shirts, or $250,000. Guess what.. they only spent $38K on those shirts, now that factory just profited $212,000.

So in these terms, it can be extremely profitable for a factory to want to do this.

1 person likes this.
  12. The Dork

The Dork Member

That shirt is real. I can tell. I know it's real.

13. Patek

Patek Senior member

No one ever accused you of not going to college. My comment said that nine-year-olds (in the USA) know what break-even means. You went off about colleges and universities and calling people "Mr. College Graduate" like it was some kind of insult while telling everyone that you dropped out of high school.

Yes, I have been to various colleges and universities but that had nothing to do with the discussion of the break-even point.

Anyway, this discussion is pointless as we are discussing if RL sells fakes at their stores. Thread needs to die.

14. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

I agree, but I really want to see OP wear this Polo.

15. Ryback

Ryback Senior member

Sure, but by saying that anyone over 9 knows what that means indicates that
    A. You assume I am under 9
    or B. I am an uneducated bogan.

Anyways. I don't know why this thread was resurrected yesterday as the shirt in question was confirmed to be legit and not fake.

16. md2010

md2010 Senior member

17. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

I'm still on the fence about its authenticity.

18. Ryback

Ryback Senior member

Why is that ?

19. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

I can't be bothered going back through the entire thread, but why does it matter dude?

Does it fit? Does it look good? Was it made well?

If so, brand doesn't matter at all.

Unless you're a brand-whore?

20. Ryback

Ryback Senior member

Do u think its a fake as well?