• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with next denim (pretty standard but would appreciate the help)

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would post this over at SuFu, but may or may not get ran out for asking such a question. Plus, it seems the us more refined
laugh.gif
SuFu members frequent here anyways, and this is the opinions/recomendations I would appreciate.

So, I am looking for my next denim purchase. I need a bit of room in the thighs, and I find the fit of my 34 (measure 32) Bears x Eternal Tiger jeans to be a spot on fit.

I do not want to spend a fortune, under $250 for sure. The problem I am finding now is that there are so many options I can not decide. I am thinking maybe something by The Flathead or Ironheart. Model recomendations for a nice classic slim fit?

Thank you for the help so far.

Matt

Ott

Reaction score
Samurai S5000VX or BK? fantastic fit, mid rise, straight leg, slubby 17oz denim etc etc...

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'd say Ande Whall Grifters in size 32 (whatever that equals in metric), Flat Head 3001, or Skull 5510XX, whatever floats your boat. The Ande Whall's are about $75 cheaper than the other two and they rock.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After thinking for a bit, I am leaning toward The Flathead. From searching Rakuten though, there are alot more models than I thought there would be.

The 3001 looks good, but does anybody know the options in lay terms. Eg, Bootcut, regular, slim, etc...

tljenkin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikesduc
What about SDA 103?

Seconded. If you get the Studio d'Artisan's I would suggest going one size down if you want a *slightly* slim fit, or true to size if you want a *slightly* loose fit. You will be blown away.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HEWSINATOR
After thinking for a bit, I am leaning toward The Flathead. From searching Rakuten though, there are alot more models than I thought there would be.

The 3001 looks good, but does anybody know the options in lay terms. Eg, Bootcut, regular, slim, etc...

If you're looking for room in the thighs DON'T buy the 3001, those are skin tight in the thigh area.
Get a pair of 5100's or 3003's..
the 3003 are relaxed fit, the 5100's are straight with no taper at all.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Again, thank you for all the help, but I can not figure out for the life of me the difference between models.

Like 3005, 3008 (looks like maybe a '66 repro), 3007, 5005.

Kiya, what models do you carry at SE?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HEWSINATOR
Again, thank you for all the help, but I can not figure out for the life of me the difference between models.

Like 3005, 3008 (looks like maybe a '66 repro), 3007, 5005.

Kiya, what models do you carry at SE?

We carry the 3001 (ultra slim), the 3003 (relaxed), and the 5100 (similar to the 3005, but straight through the entire leg)

all selvedge of course.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads