• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

help with my suit (what do i need to tailor)

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new here. I purchased this suit and took it to a tailor once and still wasn't too happy with how it fit. What do i need to get done to make the suit fit better?

Something about arms, I want to show a little cuff. Does the arm on the suit jacket already look like is high enough? The french cuff on shirt I bought does hit my wrist and my hand meet (should it be longer)

Also, I don't like how my pants meet my shoes, I do have big feet for my size (6'0 with size 13), should I cuff the bottom? You guys dress so damn well, I'm pretty embarrassed to even post pictures up of my clothes.

1.jpg

also I bought this pocket square from Kent Wang.

Does this color combo go alright?

2.jpg

Thanks in advance

crpz32

Reaction score
I'm by no means an expert, but the pants are way too long. You can probably get some shirts with longer sleeves and/or shorten the jacket sleeve just a tad.

J Simulcik

Reaction score
Cutting out your best accessory isn't going to get you as much help as you could've gotten from MC...
devil.gif

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jacket sleeves need to be taken in 3/4" or so.

jacket body needs to be taken in to create a better line.

pants way too long, cuff would drape better.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are all good pointers for you (vitaminc).

The pocket square is somehow dominating - maybe show somewhat less.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crpz32
You can probably get some shirts with longer sleeves and/or shorten the jacket sleeve just a tad.

Actually, the jacket sleeves look OK (maybe only a fraction of an inch too long). It's your shirt sleeves that seem too short.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would push the PS down a little so it doesn't poof out as high...

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From that pic all I can add is to repeat that the break in the pant leg is much too long. Not sure I could agree to shorten the sleeve almost an inch- it doesn't look that long but from the pic, hard to tell.

Mr T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by J Simulcik
Cutting out your best accessory isn't going to get you as much help as you could've gotten from MC...
devil.gif

+1. No more advice until we see your date.

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys..

The date is the soon to be Mrs. BallinOnABudget, and I will soon be BallinOnASmallerBudget. If it were some random girl I would have no problem posting a picture of her.

But I will show you pics of my car with some car models on it. I can put it in this thread or another. It should probably have its own thread.

cvac

Reaction score
Find a new tailor. The job on the pants looks terrible. Are you wearing the pants at the proper height on your real waist? They should not hang from the hips. I would definitely have the pants cuffed.

Overall fit is impossible to assess without better pictures. You need to take full length pics from the front, side and back.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BallinOnABudget
Thanks for the advice guys..

The date is the soon to be Mrs. BallinOnABudget, and I will soon be BallinOnASmallerBudget. If it were some random girl I would have no problem posting a picture of her.

But I will show you pics of my car with some car models on it. I can put it in this thread or another. It should probably have its own thread.

as promised

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=2457

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads