• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with my Hair

tom .p.

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

My hair is terrible to style and maintain. I've kept it short all my life as it's thick and dry (I'd honestly compare it's texture to straw). I've been using shampoo/conditioner on it once every 3days (Used to do it everyday) but it hasn't changed it's texture.

Here's a picture unstyled:

http://yfrog.com/mj27102010058j

I'm in the process of growing it out (about 2 months now) as I'm a very slim guy with a slim, small face and don't really like being stereotyped with short hair. Are their any products that you recomend to get the hair thinner & lighter? I currently have to use excessive amounts of a wax stick to spike it up and get it thinned/textured every week by my barbor.

Is there such a thing as a hair moisturiser? or does my hair texture suggest other medical aspects etc.? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bradsmitty

Reaction score
Tom,

A ton of great advice has been offered in the hair threads that are currently on the first page of the Health and Body forum. I suggest reading through those. You have straight hair that can easily be styled in many different ways to look good. Just read through the threads - I promise you will find some helpful hints.

Reaction score
Rock the pompadour!!!
bounce2.gif

tom .p.

Reaction score
Can you direct me to an exact thread that has a similar issue to mine? I've had a look and the few I've found have been concerning dandruff, style help & styling products.

Also I have no idea what a "Pompadour" is - just about to google it
laugh.gif

tom .p.

Reaction score
I find it hard to style my hair though despite it being straight. It's very dry (Maybe due to taking accutane a few months ago?) and thick and was looking for a sollution that will help make styling it easier

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads