• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with Lacie USBKey Error -61 with my macbook pro

Knisse

Reaction score
Hi!

I have a problem that i hope someone can help me with.

I own a lacie moskeyto USB key, it worked like a charm untill recently. Then i try to move anything from my computer to the key it doesnt work and error code -61 comes on the screen.

I am able to take things off the key to my computer, just not add or delete anything.
I am pretty sure that it is related to some kind of permission error, i do not know if this helps but i tried to diagnose the problem with the command ls -alOe /Volumes in terminal. here is the output.

I am far from sure, but could it be because it is restricted to "staff" permission?

Anyway, i have also tried disk utility, but that doesnt work at all - it is simply not possible to use any of the options, it doesnt seem like i have permission for anything.

Knisse

Reaction score
I would very much like too, but i am unable to delete anything from it. Or use the tools to reformat it, it is like i do not have the permission to do so.

I even tried with the disc utility tool, and i could not push any buttons at all.

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Are you logged in as an administrator? If not, do that.

Otherwise, plug in the drive, and put in your OSX install disk, then restart the computer. When it restarts, before it makes the BING sound, hold down the C key on the keyboard. It should prompt the install utility. From the menu at the top you're going to want to select utilities, then Disk Utility. Try and reformat it from in there. When done, just restart.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads