• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help With Jeans and Casual Footwear

PhoenixFL

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am relatively new to this forum and had another quick question about style tips. I'm a college business student on a budget, but I still like to look good. I enjoy wearing "slim straight" jeans such as Levi's 514 due to the slim but not "skinny jean" type look. My question is, what type of shoes should I wear with these jeans. I prefer dark wash jeans thanks to the slimming features they display. I'm trying to figure out where to buy brown ankle boots for a good price, but I am also looking for a variety of other styles besides boots. If you have any suggestions on what type of shoes and/or tops to wear with these jeans please let me know and try to include pictures. Thanks for the help!

Chris

norcal_indy

Reaction score
Check out the WAYWT thread (http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=164384) to see what other folks wear with similar denim. You might have better luck if you post your question in this thread - http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=107280.

In any case, how much do you want to spend? I wear often wear similar jeans with Wolverine 1000 Mile boots (Tan Addison and Brown Original), Alden LWB in #8, Alden Chukka in snuff suede, Alden Indy Boot in Black, and grey Clarks DBs. I don't have much of a shoe collection but I love what I do have.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 12 4.1%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 45 15.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 92 31.4%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 54 18.4%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 22 7.5%