1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Help with green stripped shirt

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by PTWilliams, Jul 18, 2011.

1. PTWilliams

PTWilliams Senior member

Purchased this shirt NWT at a reasonable price on eBay, now I need help wearing it. Can I do better than the blue jacket? The yellow jacket? Is the full windsor enough? Is this collar intended for a bow tie? Can I wear the shirt without a coat and tie? The coloring, collar and french cuffs pose a pit of a challenge to me. Thanks guys,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

P.S. Where did that avatar come from, and do you guys feel the text in the last post column is at all helpful?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  2. Iceball

Iceball Well-Known Member

Do not wear with the yellow jacket. With the blue jacket and tie that is one of your best looks, you don't need to look any further.

3. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

I like the shirt. Collar seems fine and the colors in it make it easy to play off of. That being said, the yellow jacket is WAY too much IMHO. Perhaps you could wear a navy jacket and try some yellow pants if you really want some GTH flavor? Jacket and shirt are just too much. Stick to the navy.

4. denning

denning Senior member

Keep the tie simple, navy grenadine, navy polkadot/pindot, and the suit dark like navy or charcoal, and you will have a very nice look.

5. acecow

acecow Senior member

First look is pimping!!!

6. yachtie

yachtie Senior member

Wrong blue. If you have one it'd look best with a cream linen jacket.

3rd look is the best of the pictured ones.

7. dnesan

dnesan Member

This. About the ties. Especially the grenadine.

I think the blue jacket is good, but with the checks on the jacket and the stripes on the shirt, I'd avoid any more patterns in the tie. If you have a solid navy tie with texture, that's the winning look right there, imo.

8. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

+1
    Additionally, PT, that is a beautiful green and congratulations on your purchase. Also, pertaining to the tie issue, have a look at this wonderful tip from Wil. It may answer your question.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011