1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help with finding a jacket?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by fo0chie, Sep 16, 2004.

1. fo0chie

fo0chie New Member

hey i'm going traveling for a around a year or so in january and i was looking for a somewhat lightweight jacket, and i really like the way the motorcycle style jackets fit/look but i can't find the type im specifically looking for. what im looking for is something like this: Jacket maybe in a color like that, preferably tan, or maybe even black. im not lookin on spending too much but if anyone has any ideas where i can find jackets like that it would be greatly appreciated. thanks again, -f

2. fo0chie

fo0chie New Member

p.s. what im looking for in the jacket is how the collar is shaped and the short jacket length.

3. Ranjeev

Ranjeev Senior Member

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I have a very similar jacket (with a stand up collar and of the same length, with chest pockets and double front zipper) in olive by John Varvatos, and a much older one in a similar style in coated cotton by DKNY (still one of of my favorite jackets). Â A good company to look at is Brown Sound. Â They are a newish (2nd season) company out of L.A. who made a pretty cool jacket like this in corduroy, retailing about $100 - wel made, distinctive design, and pretty affordable. Â I saw it in the brown color for about half that (probably less now) at Filene's Basement only last week. Â Nice Collective is probably worth looking into as well. Check out the link: http://www.brownsoundclothing.com/ss2004/jackets.htm#