• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with Edward Green size

ToddGTS

Reaction score
I want to order a pair of EG's from the sale, style Wigmore and I want to know if 8E is close to US 9D. I wear 9D in ferragamo and they tend to be a bit narrow. In Testoni I wear 8 EU and they are perfect. Can I get away with 8E in EG's?

Thanks,
Todd

Will

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I urge you to go to an EG retailer and get fitted. Then buy shoes at the next sale.

No-one can give you worthwhile advice on fit based on the information you provided. For one thing, EG sizing varies depending on the last used to make a shoe. You didn't provide that information.

For another, you don't mention whether the sizes you provided are for laced shoes or slipons. There's another significant difference.

In my opinion, buying blind is not worth gambling $500 unless you expect you can re-sell the shoes on eBay or something when they don't fit.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Will's points are good ones, although I think that with an NIB pair of EG's, you'd probably be able to resell them for close to your purchase price as a worst case scenario.
But it's definitely important to at least tell us what last they're on, and what the general style is (for those of us who don't have the entire EG inventory memorized).

ToddGTS

Reaction score
Wigmore is a Lofer style last 606. I'm trying to get a picture uploaded right now. I understand that no one can tell me what will fit or not but I'm looking for an idea. I'm in the Detroit area and I'm not sure where I can try EG's on. Any help is appreciated. -Todd
wigmore400dm3.th.jpg
[/IMG]

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToddGTS
I'm in the Detroit area and I'm not sure where I can try EG's on.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...+green+detroit

The list of the sale shoes should include the last number for each shoe.

If you are positive that the Ferragamo size 9D is your correct size (many men wear shoes a half-size too large), I would guess that your EG size is UK8.5D. You can probably get away with wearing UK8E, although it will be less than ideal. This advice does not come with any warranties, implied or express, and I urge you to try the shoes on in person before spending $600.

Will

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToddGTS
Wigmore is a Lofer style last 606. I'm trying to get a picture uploaded right now. I understand that no one can tell me what will fit or not but I'm looking for an idea. I'm in the Detroit area and I'm not sure where I can try EG's on. Any help is appreciated.

-Todd

wigmore400dm3.th.jpg
[/IMG]

The Wigmore is a slipon but it fits like a laced shoe, not like an EG casual (I have a pair). It's made on the laced shoe lasts (606 etc) rather than the casual lasts.

ToddGTS

Reaction score
Does anyone have any measurments that they could share? My foot measures 10 1/4" long and 4" wide. I forgot to mention that I just got a pair of Bontoni size 42 that fit perfect! Not trying to be a pain but I want those shoes! -Todd Here's a pic of the bontoni
shoe3zy0.th.jpg
[/IMG]

jmatt

Reaction score
My GUESS is that those are reasonably close. If your foot runs on the wide side of normal, I'd guess the fit would be good. If your foot runs on the narrow side, I'd guess those will be sloppy.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wear size 42.5 in Bontoni and size UK9D in Edward Green. I have a pair of EGs in size UK8.5E (RLPL Carters -- the 89 last is an E width) and they fit okay, although not as good as my EGs in size UK9D. So the Wigmores in UK8E will probably work for you, although I disclaim all responsibility if they do not.

ToddGTS

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help, ordered the shoes today. I'll post my finds when I get the shoes in a couple of weeks.

Will

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a couple dozen pair of their laced shoes and nonetheless when I ordered a pair of monks on the 82 last the monks were too big. They have been re-made twice and still don't fit. I theoretically knew my size and went into the London store to be fitted, though the store had a different model on a different last.

I admire your bravery and hope they wear comfortably for many years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics