Help with doeskin fabric please

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Huddersfield, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Huddersfield

Huddersfield Member

Hello everyone, as my (hastily chosen) username suggests, I rather favour the excellent products of the Holme Valley for my MTM and bespoke creations, but I'am looking to stray for my next.....

I recently lost out on ebay on a nice 2 button jacket made from Loro Piana Doeskin in a kind of between-camel-and-tobacco hue, and have decided to source some cloth and have one made up in a similar fashion, but can't seem to find the raw material in UK!

I have a business trip to Turin coming up shortly after New Year, but emails to what seem to be the 2 main fabric shops there has drawn no response, I will go to both anyway whilst there, but any pointers would be greatly appreciated as to a good source - doesn't have to be LP but I'd prefer Italian and it has to be very good quality. Thanks in advance

2. GBR

GBR Senior member

Just use Google, no need to ask the question here. It will tell you all you need to know - in the UK.

3. Huddersfield

Huddersfield Member

Had Google yielded any positive results then i wouldn't have asked on here - what a curiously unhelpful answer

4. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member