• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with a fabric

AVG

Reaction score
Dear all,

I am writing to you because I am planning to order a new (possibly double breasted) raglan coat and I was wondering if you could give me some advice. The weather here (Norway) is quite rainy/cold, so I was looking for something around 650 gr in blue herringbone, preferably a donegal, soft but durable for "daily" use.

In attachment you will find an example of the color and pattern that I am looking for. If anyone knows which one is this fabric, please let me know. All suggestions and advices are obviously more than welcome.

Best regards,

AVG

Photo credit: Fabio la Mantia/Sartoria Panico

Captura de pantalla 2020-09-26 a las 18.31.38.png

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure about which particular mill or brand, but it is a handsome fabric.
Magee offers this:

Good luck.

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
Dear @AVG,

I strongly suggest you to take this subject in the Unfunded Liabilities thread, that is the most informative place for such enquiries.

Cheers,

Dimitris

Reactions: AVG

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If Panico made the jacket, contact them and ask about the cloth.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Double-breasted Raglan- great idea.
I have one almost identical to this but in gray melton.
In the blue/gray Donegal it will be fantastic.
OIP.HGZ8o6xR-wYKIOWcVSO0WgAAAA.jpeg

Last edited:

AVG

Reaction score
I’m not sure about which particular mill or brand, but it is a handsome fabric.
Magee offers this:

Good luck.

Thank you! Perhaps too light tough... looking for something heavier.

AVG

Reaction score
Dear @AVG,

I strongly suggest you to take this subject in the Unfunded Liabilities thread, that is the most informative place for such enquiries.

Cheers,

Dimitris

Dear @Bespoke DJP,

Thank you for your message. I just arrived to the forum and still a little bit lost on it. Could you please tell me how to move the thread, please?

My apologizes for any inconvenience this may have caused. ATB,

AVG

AVG

Reaction score
If Panico made the jacket, contact them and ask about the cloth.

Already done before posting the thread and still waiting for answer, but thank you for the suggestion.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the Invertere Alpaca "Bear Coat'.
Invertere went out of business around

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dear all,

I am writing to you because I am planning to order a new (possibly double breasted) raglan coat and I was wondering if you could give me some advice. The weather here (Norway) is quite rainy/cold, so I was looking for something around 650 gr in blue herringbone, preferably a donegal, soft but durable for "daily" use.

In attachment you will find an example of the color and pattern that I am looking for. If anyone knows which one is this fabric, please let me know. All suggestions and advices are obviously more than welcome.

Best regards,

AVG

Photo credit: Fabio la Mantia/Sartoria Panico

View attachment 1465816

I'm pretty sure Molloy & Sons has done a fabric like that in the past. I have a box full of swatch cards and vaguely remember that one of them has three blue Donegals. Their herringbones are all coating weight.

I don't see a blue herringbone on their Flickr page now, but if you contact them, they may have a cut length available.

Reactions: AVG

AVG

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Molloy & Sons has done a fabric like that in the past. I have a box full of swatch cards and vaguely remember that one of them has three blue Donegals. Their herringbones are all coating weight.

I don't see a blue herringbone on their Flickr page now, but if you contact them, they may have a cut length available.

Thank you!

Bespoke DJP

Reaction score
Dear @Bespoke DJP,

Thank you for your message. I just arrived to the forum and still a little bit lost on it. Could you please tell me how to move the thread, please?

My apologizes for any inconvenience this may have caused. ATB,

AVG

Dear @AVG,

First of all, welcome to StyleForum!

Secondly, no apologies are needed, because on the one hand no inconvenience was caused whatsoever, and on the other, how should you have known which is the most relevant thread for your enquiry, being new here?

You do not have to "move" anything, just pop in the Unfunded Liabilities thread and re-state your enquiry, although some seasoned members have already chimed in here.

Waiting to see your post, and future ones there!

Best,

Dimitris

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads