• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help: whole salers and supplier list

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I worked with someone who was previously in charge of a major consumer products company's Asian operations, and one of the brands that they managed was Ray-ban. He went into a boutique in Shanghai and saw replicas that were identical to their current products (which were manufactured in China) Obviously since they had the specifications they just made more than Ray-ban asked for and sold the others as "replicas" even though they were basically originals. They went as far as designing THEIR OWN Ray-ban sunglasses that were completely unique, and selling them in the same boutique, of course, all made with the same materials as the Ray-ban glasses, and sold for a fraction of the price.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I stand corrected. I suppose with a merchant account you might be able to persuade Seven and True Religion to sell to you.
I think it'd be hard, especially if you were telling them you wanted to sell them on ebay/internet for a discount... why cannibalize their own boutique sales?

Brian SD

Reaction score
(LA Guy @ Mar. 01 2005,13:30) I stand corrected. I suppose with a merchant account you might be able to persuade Seven and True Religion to sell to you.
I think it'd be hard, especially if you were telling them you wanted to sell them on ebay/internet for a discount... why cannibalize their own boutique sales?
Because it would be old stock, I assume, and since it would be a different product than what they sell at dept. stores/boutiques it wouldn't be a threat to their business. From what I've seen, there are two kinds of shoppers: those who always buy at full retail, or those who always buy at a discount, and they don't cross over much.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(drizzt3117 @ Mar. 01 2005,13:35)
Originally Posted by LA Guy,Mar. 01 2005,13:30
I stand corrected. I suppose with a merchant account you might be able to persuade Seven and True Religion to sell to you.
Because it would be old stock, I assume, and since it would be a different product than what they sell at dept. stores/boutiques it wouldn't be a threat to their business. From what I've seen, there are two kinds of shoppers: those who always buy at full retail, or those who always buy at a discount, and they don't cross over much.
Brian, I think we're not talking about the same thing and don't think we disagree. Certainly I think it'd be possible to buy Seven/True Religion from department stores and boutiques who want to close out old stock. However, I don't think it'd be easy to get a deal like Active Endeavors or e-luxury who sells new stock PDC/Seven online (albeit at not a large discount) and absolutely impossible to get a deal in which you'd be able to sell new stock online.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I see. I heard eBay and I assumed it would be the old-stock/factory seconds thing.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i hope no one on here goes into selling counterfeits, which is illegal and subject to seizure and all that, or even replicas, which falls into the legal realm of "passing-off", whereby you're passing off a replica as the real thing and therefore confusing the consumer which in turn is illegal as well

as for eluxury, it's wholely owned by LVMH, hence their own discount on-line store, so to speak

and i have to agree with what i think BrianSD said, that for example, the discounted gucci goods sold by ashford isn't going to be the same goods a gucci boutique is selling with the possible exception of samples

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
and i have to agree with what i think BrianSD said, that for example, the discounted gucci goods sold by ashford isn't going to be the same goods a gucci boutique is selling with the possible exception of samples
hermes,

actually that's not true. The classic "pouchette" Gucci bag, was sold on Ashford, and in their boutiques, and the MV-519, 505, and 515 bags from Prada are/were sold on Ashford and in the boutiques.

Brian SD

Reaction score
On another note, is eLuxury discounted? I'm just browsing the LV stuff and I can't seem to find any discounted prices. If not, I cant see why people would utilize it, I think the best reason to pay full retail is to receive the service and experience of luxury shopping.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
eluxury is not discounted, it's full price. I imagine the reason you'd want to order is if you don't have a LV boutique in your city, or if they don't have what you're looking for in stock.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You mean _you_ haven't ordered the $18,000 steamer trunk online yet?

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well drizz, it looks like some of the items are current and you are correct, however, my wife is looking at the site and basically saying that there is a lot of 'previous years' stuff  more than any of the current bags

what i find most interesting is their disclaimer that although the goods are 'genuine' they are being sold outside of the manufacturer's authorized distribution channel which means that if you have a beef about the goods, you can't go to prada and gucci and complain about it, you can only deal with ashford which has a nice limitation in their liability as stated in the legalese part of their site which you of course automatically agree to be bound by when you buy something from their site

caveat emptor

and eluxury does have some sales thus discounting, albeit not on the LV goods

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is true, I've bought a lot of Prada bags and a few Gucci ones from Ashford w/o issues though, and their return policy is great.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Hedi's Watch Check out this aesthetically pleasing number, and then look at the price, and then look at the part that says, "Equipped with the finest Swiss-made Quartz movement"

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Places like Loehmann's must also have deals with manufacturers for some goods. The classic Fendi Baguette, for example, which, to my eye, doesn't change from season to season, can always be found there for about $100 less than at a specialty store or boutique.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads