HELP - What to do with cable box/tv/dresser

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Vapor, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Vapor

Vapor Member

Hey - I hope this isn't an annoying post but I could REALLY use some of your help.

I have a very nice wide 6 drawer dresser with my plasma on it, but I don't know what to do with the cable box - All I could think of was putting it on the right side, but it just looks so awful.

ANY suggestions?

2. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

you could always put it in one of the drawers and use an IR repeater... Does your stand not have any shelves?

3. Vapor

Vapor Member

4. Southern-Nupe

Southern-Nupe Senior member

Hey - I hope this isn't an annoying post but I could REALLY use some of your help.

I have a very nice wide 6 drawer dresser with my plasma on it, but I don't know what to do with the cable box - All I could think of was putting it on the right side, but it just looks so awful.

ANY suggestions?

Would you be opposed to wall mounting it? We did it with the LCD in our bedroom, basically it relieved us of a lot of the space and made the dresser more aesthetically pleasing.

5. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I have never heard of an IR repeater - What is that?

No stands - its the middle one:

http://www.westelm.com/media/WE/pf2/..._PIP_large.jpg

it relays the signal from your remote so that you can have your cable box out of sight.

6. Maxten

Maxten Senior member

Would you be opposed to wall mounting it? We did it with the LCD in our bedroom, basically it relieved us of a lot of the space and made the dresser more aesthetically pleasing.
    Agree, wall mounting works out very well.