1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

>>> Help! WAYWT Learning Thread; Mistakes Are Permitted; Maybe You Should Start Here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DLester, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Cant believe you did that to your APCs

Though I am bored with mine now... when I start my next pair of raw jeans I will prob play with mine

They look good though

2. snake

snake Senior member

Yeah those APCs turned out really well, looks sick.

3. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Would look better with a bit more blue spread out, but that'd probably be hard to get without painting on the bleach

4. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Yeah, they're pretty random as-is. I think the next project is going to be painting jeans a la margiela. Don't know which to do it to though, may have to hit up AA for white jeans in order to paint them hot pink...

5. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

This is why we can't have nice things.

And I thought it was just because I don't have any money.[​IMG]

6. JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper Senior member

Synthese, how did the material on the APC change after the 4 day bleach bath?

7. Synthese

Not at all, really. A little rougher, but that's it.

8. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

You could also try wax-coating (for a tincloth type of a look, chinos or jeans: there was a thread here that someone documented a wax-coating of a denim jacket), kakishibu dyeing (I've been toying with this for my NdGs, but I really like them as they are, could also use white denim though not sure if the bleach would affect the results: lots of info on the web), or iron mud dyeing (cool effect if you can get it right, but nasty if you fail: there was a thread on sufu about it but it didn't turn out well, he basically came out with mulched jeans, probably would work best if you used high-iron content soil like black sand or red dirt or just use iron and skip the dirt)

9. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

You could also try wax-coating (for a tincloth type of a look, chinos or jeans: there was a thread here that someone documented a wax-coating of a denim jacket), kakishibu dyeing (I've been toying with this for my NdGs, but I really like them as they are, could also use white denim though not sure if the bleach would affect the results: lots of info on the web), or iron mud dyeing (cool effect if you can get it right, but nasty if you fail: there was a thread on sufu about it but it didn't turn out well, he basically came out with mulched jeans, probably would work best if you used high-iron content soil like black sand or red dirt or just use iron and skip the dirt)

Do you have any links to these threads? I've been thinking about dying my skulls, kinda bored with them.

10. Synthese

Definitely have considered waxing on more than one occasion. Fuck it, that's this weekend's project. Cheap jeans and home depot, awww yeah. I'll document the whole thing.

11. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Honestly, it was hard to read. I apologize for coming off snarky, and agree somewhat. However, I think this thread was meant to be more tame than waywt, and not a prescreening so to speak.

I was not responding to you at all. You've always seemed pretty solid in my book.

12. Synthese

Ha, I hadn't seen the tea party one before, but yes, this is something I have researched in the past.

13. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

I've done the tea dyeing on a pair of faded jeans, I liked the effect. It dyes the white/faded parts a yellow-brownish tint (I believe I used black tea) and gives it a perma-dirty look that doesn't come out. I don't know how effective it would be on a new pair of jeans since the indigo parts on mine were unaffected

14. Synthese

I had a pair of super cheap white UO jeans that I once inadvertently dyed with nothing but cocoa powder, but really they just looked like I rolled around in filth. Which was, fortunately, the goal of the project.

15. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

^lol

Please do the waxing project dude, I've been saying I would do it for probably two years lol.

16. Synthese

I have 3 plans for this weekend:

1) High gloss, hot-pink layered, cracked and painted homemade disco pants. These are a for-sure.
    2) Black, coated in silicone like some random dude on SZ did a long time ago. Gonna have to figure out the logistics.
    3) Black, waxed and maybe glossed. This is dependent on me deciding whether or not to use my grill to heat the wax/oil, which worries me a bit.

Will take photos of all successes and failures.

17. onion

onion Senior member

I have 3 plans for this weekend:

1) High gloss, hot-pink layered, cracked and painted homemade disco pants. These are a for-sure.
    2) Black, coated in silicone like some random dude on SZ did a long time ago. Gonna have to figure out the logistics.
    3) Black, waxed and maybe glossed. This is dependent on me deciding whether or not to use my grill to heat the wax/oil, which worries me a bit.

Will take photos of all successes and failures.

I waxed a denim jacket, and I double boiled the wax (I used "Barbour Thornproof Dressing") on the stove. I had like 75%+ of the jacket done by the time the wax started to reharden, so it's not like you have to leave it on a heat source and risk dripping it on everything. I just took the pan out in the grass, and did it on a big piece of cardboard. Not messy at all.

18. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

I bought this blazer from Uniqlo yesterday. I like the cut, "fits small and short like bOo". The only thing i don't like about it is the wrinkles style. I am going to take it to the dry cleaner and try to have it iron out. Yes or No?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Looks like Coming Soon