1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Help!! Water spots on my Cordovans

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jjgold, May 27, 2006.

1. jjgold

jjgold Senior member

Need a little help...I was in England last week. I had a biz dinner at the tower of London and had to stand outside in a down pour. Well I have noticed that my AE Shell Cordovans kept water spots from that evening. How or is there a way to remove them? Am I screwed? These were NOT cheap and were one of my Favorites. Any Ideas?

Thanks

2. johnnynorman

johnnynorman Well-Known Member

They should go away, as long as they weren't substantially waterlogged. Just let them dry naturally and they should go away. Also, a small, small, small amount of polish is okay with shell cordovan, IMO.

3. alflauren

alflauren Senior member

My C&Js did the same thing the other day. It's over a week now, and the spots are still there although a bit less pronounced. I'll give it another week and see what a light coat of polish does if nothing's changed.

4. Charley

Charley Senior member

Try stuffing them with newspaper to remove more of the water at a more rapid rate. I expect that the surface indication you are seeing results from water remaining within the hide. Change the newspaper daily.

BTW, please post an update in a week or so. I do expect that you will have a satisfactory outcome.