Help!! Water spots on my Cordovans

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jjgold, May 27, 2006.

1. jjgold

jjgold Senior member

Need a little help...I was in England last week. I had a biz dinner at the tower of London and had to stand outside in a down pour. Well I have noticed that my AE Shell Cordovans kept water spots from that evening. How or is there a way to remove them? Am I screwed? These were NOT cheap and were one of my Favorites. Any Ideas?

Thanks

2. johnnynorman

johnnynorman Well-Known Member

They should go away, as long as they weren't substantially waterlogged. Just let them dry naturally and they should go away. Also, a small, small, small amount of polish is okay with shell cordovan, IMO.

3. alflauren

alflauren Senior member

My C&Js did the same thing the other day. It's over a week now, and the spots are still there although a bit less pronounced. I'll give it another week and see what a light coat of polish does if nothing's changed.

4. Charley

Charley Senior member

Try stuffing them with newspaper to remove more of the water at a more rapid rate. I expect that the surface indication you are seeing results from water remaining within the hide. Change the newspaper daily.

BTW, please post an update in a week or so. I do expect that you will have a satisfactory outcome.