1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Help! Tom Ford Tuxedo lapel asymmetrical! Can it be fixed?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Joker18703, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Joker18703

Joker18703 New Member

Dear All,

I bought this shawl-lapel Tom Ford dinner jacket from ebay and the transaction was quite smooth. The jacket seems impeccable from my eye and it appears to be well-fitted as well! However, when I got this in my hand I've found that the lapel was not symmetrical! The left lapel roll ends a little bit higher than it should be, and the it appears to be slightly narrower than the right one! What a disaster! I have tried to find some info on the forum about this issue but there were barely anything related. Can this issue be fixed? How? Why? Is the issue results from some mistakes during the pad-stitching or the jacket is simply a defective item from the factory? Is it a legit Tom Ford jacket? Thank you![​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best,
    Bruce

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. deadAngle

deadAngle Well-Known Member

That's just the result of a bad pressing. Iron the back of the lapel flat with a press cloth and lots of steam, and possibly try to work the upper collar into the correct position.

1 person likes this.
  3. Joker18703

Joker18703 New Member

Thanks for the quick reply! That really ease my worry~[​IMG]

4. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

Or take it to a professional dry cleaner to get it pressed (don't get it dry cleaned though).

If you go this route, make sure you use a reputable dry cleaner that presses by hand.

5. Joker18703

Joker18703 New Member

Thanks for the advice! Does it has any problems from the pad-stitching process in your eye?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  6. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Well-Known Member

Just tell yourself it's sprezzatura, and it won't bother you anymore.

7. SartodiNapoli

SartodiNapoli Well-Known Member

Jajaja I laughed with the different lapels and this answer. Love this forum.[​IMG]

It made my day. [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  8. Zuschneider

Zuschneider Member

Houston, TX - Berlin/Germany - www.berlinbespokesu
    A dry cleaner is to dumb to fix it. Go to a tailor.

1 person likes this.