1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HELP: Thin, Small, Asian and in need of a SUIT

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TheProfessor, Aug 16, 2006.

1. TheProfessor

TheProfessor Active Member

Thanks for all your advice guys!

I went to Zara yesterday and tried on their 'traditional' collection and their 'modern' style fitted collection.

My question is when do you know the suit fits well?

My body structure I've figured is that I have broad shoulders which makes me fit a 38S suit well, but skinny which then makes a 36R fit my arms and body well but tight on the shoulders and chest.

Their fitted suits 38 suits fit well, but the sleeves are 1-1 3/4" too long and their modern designs are too 'hip' for me, I'd look like Lenny Kravitz working at a conservative accounting firm. Their traditional suits leave too much room around the arms and body, making the suit looking baggy.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on where I might find a conservative, economical fitted suit?

2. Matt

Matt Senior member

you had me at "thin, small and asian" but it all went downhill from there. To your question... Option A - buy the larger one, go see a tailor to get it taken in. Option B -
    There's a guy there who's one of the best dressed real men (not celeb) and he says he used to go to thrift stores for suits (I think he said he got them for $5, maybe $8). He'd then go to a tailor to have it altered.
    what he said... Option C -
    What kind of suit are you looking for? I have at least one in ~38S (probably your size), and others may have something or be able to find something.
    Trust the judgement of our beloved leader....