• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help the denim newbie

Histrion

Reaction score
Hi guys,

A few weeks (perhaps months) ago I made a post in which I asked for advice for a rather cheap pair of jeans (under 125$).

I am now prepared to pay between 125 and 200$ so I think I'll have more opportunities.

Here's the deal: I am looking for a jeans that's fitted, not skin-tight, and roomy in the rear (while I am a thin guy, my rear isn't, which is rather odd). I went to Boutique U&I yesterday because I wanted to try on some raw New Standards but they didn't have any. My waist is 30 and I am 5'8", so I probably have some alteration to make... I am looking for a blue jeans. I don't care all that much wether or not it's raw, but I might like to try a raw one.

I hope the 30% coupon at Revolve still works.

Thanks a lot.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Histrion
Hi guys, A few weeks (perhaps months) ago I made a post in which I asked for advice for a rather cheap pair of jeans (under 125$). I am now prepared to pay between 125 and 200$ so I think I'll have more opportunities. Here's the deal: I am looking for a jeans that's fitted, not skin-tight, and roomy in the rear (while I am a thin guy, my rear isn't, which is rather odd). I went to Boutique U&I yesterday because I wanted to try on some raw New Standards but they didn't have any. My waist is 30 and I am 5'8", so I probably have some alteration to make... I am looking for a blue jeans. I don't care all that much wether or not it's raw, but I might like to try a raw one. I hope the 30% coupon at Revolve still works. Thanks a lot.
You seem like a perfect client for size 28 (actually a size 30) Raw New standards ordered from APC's website. Just watch out for the price gouging as they use a private carrier (UPS?) so they'll try to charge you like $50 to take care of customs. Ask APC to use regular US mail or ask them to send you a tracking number then call UPS to say you'll handle customs. You'll have to go to dorval, get your jeans then go to a canada customs building nearby. Hope that helps

Histrion

Reaction score
Wouldn't Mauro from the Denimbar be a better option if I can't go to Dorval? I don't have a car at the moment and paying 50$ custom fees is quite ridiculous.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Histrion
Wouldn't Mauro from the Denimbar be a better option if I can't go to Dorval? I don't have a car at the moment and paying 50$ custom fees is quite ridiculous.

Oh yeah forgot about Mauro, the prices he had on APC were excellent....

Histrion

Reaction score
Okay. So I guess I'll call later next week, or perhaps in two weeks I don't know, and get 28 NS.

Thanks for your help!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads