• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help - Suit Damage

NYCAssociate

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Tragically, shortly after dropping $700 on a new SS suit, I managed to damage it. Like an idiot, I unsnapped the bottom of my shirt stays during the commute, and they appear to have rubbed against the backs of my trousers and caused some damage. I bought this at SS over 6 months ago, and the damage is my fault, so I'm guessing I don't have any recourse.

Does this look like something a tailor could fix easily? Is there anything you'd recommend I do myself to fix it?

Much appreciated.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could try asking SuitSupply if they can sell you another pair of trousers, but that's probably not likely to happen. I'd take it to a reweaver. If you're in NYC, French-American Reweaving gets good reviews. Be warned, they are pricy but it will be less than buying a new suit.

NYCAssociate

Reaction score
You could try asking SuitSupply if they can sell you another pair of trousers, but that's probably not likely to happen. I'd take it to a reweaver. If you're in NYC, French-American Reweaving gets good reviews. Be warned, they are pricy but it will be less than buying a new suit.
Thanks for the tip - I'll give them a call!

Sfroide3

Reaction score
Like an idiot, I unsnapped the bottom of my shirt stays during the commute,
Shirt stays ??? Just buy a proper sized shirt - long enough. It won't go untucked.

And please, throw these shirt stays in the trash asap !

Joefitz

Reaction score
I am disturbed that the fabric would wear out like that so easily. I am no fan of suitsupply. In answer to your question, take it to a tailor and get their advice.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 79 17.1%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 151 32.8%
  • 8”

Votes: 135 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 53 11.5%
  • 9”

Votes: 22 4.8%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%