• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help: Sub-$500 Interview Suit

sh0ebox

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have an interview for pharmacy school coming up here in about a month to a month and a half (the date is not yet set in stone) and I am in need of a suit.

As the title states, I am looking to try to keep it under $500 if possible, as I imagine this is one of very few instances where I will actually need a suit any time in the near future.

I am very small (5'4", ~130 lbs) and figured MTM would be the best route to get a suit that fits me well, but I don't think I have enough time to do anything like Thick As Thieves for fear of cutting it too close.

Do you guys have any suggestions on where I could get a decent navy or charcoal suit in my price range that will fit me well? It's looking like I won't have many options and may have to get an OTR suit and get it tailored to fit me better.

Thanks in advance.

Irond Will

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would think that it's going to be tough for a very small guy to get a suit that isn't special-order, let alone at short notice and at a $500 budget. Do you know your approximate suit size?

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At 5'4" and 130lbs I'd guess he's in the 36s range...not easy to find suiting in that size quickly. I've heard of H&M carrying 36r...MTM sounds like it'd be your best bet. Good luck!

sh0ebox

Reaction score
Yes, the short notice really put a damper on things. I didn't find out that I got the interview until yesterday, so now I'm on the hunt. I don't know my exact suit size, no, but I would also guess I'm somewhere in the 36S range as well. Edit: Oh, I should mention this. I'm currently in Las Vegas, Nevada, but today is my last day here. Then I will be returning to Iowa. Just sayin, as Iowa is no where near a fashion mecca and I don't have much in the way of offerings in terms of finding certain brands especially in-store to try on
frown.gif

haithman

Reaction score
Iam roughly the same size (5'5-5'6) and also in the market for some suits so this would also help me out
To the OP: I can usually fit into a H&M 36 (they are pretty small) as well as Zara so be sure to check out both of those

Median

Reaction score
I live nearby! But don't be forced into buying something today if you're not sure about it.

Places to go: BB at Caesars, Zara and Express at Fashion Show, H&M at Town Square - GL!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads