1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help! Stain on my favourite shirt!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Aaron, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Aaron

Aaron Distinguished Member

Hey Gents,

Last night I was at a party and rather short friend of mine hugged me and managed to get her make-up on the breast of my favourite dress shirt. The shirt is a very nice cotton, should I soak the stain and try and daub the make-up away? Should I be using any stain-remover, like Shout? Little guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Aaron

2. Renault78law

Renault78law Distinguished Member

did you see this? It's a HOF post. Â You should soak that shirt asap. Â What I typically do is treat the stain with liquid detergent and scrub with a nail brush, then let the shirt soak for a couple of hours before washing normally. Â Good luck. Oh, and btw, girls' friggin makeup getting on my clothes is a HUGE petpeeve of mine. Â I have a secret suspicion that they like it when it happens. Grrr.

3. Aaron

Aaron Distinguished Member

Thanks for the help. And yes, I think the make-up on the clothing trick is a way women mark their territory...

4. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Distinguished Member

Aaron: Marry the lady. Then, if it is truly your favorite shirt, you can rest assured that she will be sleeping in it in short order - or wearing it as an overshirt when doing her gardening. In neither case will the make-up stain pose a problem.

If that doesn't work, rub Octagon on it and let it soak overnight. Then wash normally in Tide.