[help required] US taxes on US-made boots imported from a Canadian online store

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by wakawaka, Jan 17, 2013.

1. wakawaka

wakawaka Well-Known Member

Hello guys. I live in Poland and make seldom purchases in US - as much as my tiny budget allows me to.

I've found a pair of boots in an online store in Canada (well yeah, that's not exactly United States) at a good price and intend to get them. I would like to have them shipped to US, and then have them sent to Poland. The reason is it'll be cheaper than to have them directly shipped to Poland. I realise there are customs duties on products imported to US from Canada however... But also, as far as I know, some exclusions apply - for instance, I've heard products made in US are free of tax imposing. And as a matter of fact, the boots I'm interested in are US-made. Would that save me from paying?

Will appreciate help from people who have had some experience with these issues - I'm counting on you; I expect those boots won't last long... (Forgive me if that question has been answered somewhere on SF - I searched for a proper thread to no avail.)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013

2. paul_s

paul_s Well-Known Member

3. wakawaka

wakawaka Well-Known Member

Thanks, so the outcome is positive for me - there shouldn't be any taxes. I seem to have chosen some strange bits of words and that response never popped up... But still, if someone shared their real world experience with the issue, I'd be grateful :).

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013