help please

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by codyb03, Jul 5, 2016.

1. codyb03

codyb03 New Member

So I need some help. I have a lighter charcoal grey, poly blend (70% poly, 30% wool) sports coat and brown leather shoes, what slacks can I buy to match? If any at all? Or can it only go with black shoes? need some guidance and to know the rules. thank you guys

2. Yorker

Yorker Senior member

Stick around, read lots of threads here, and you'll eventually be able to answer your own question.

That will take a while though, so best to probably post some pics. Just off the cuff though, generally charcoal gray jackets are suits with matching pants, trying to match them with pants of a different fabric will never look that good.

3. Astaroth

Astaroth Senior member

Does the jacket have texture or surface detail? Is it actually a sports jacket or an orphaned suit jacket?

Assuming it is a sports jacket then the most reliable trouser colour would be a mid-light grey. I know others recommend creams and golden tans but they can be a bit hit and miss plus (depending on climate) may be a bit limited in season.

Shoe colour would be driven mainly by trouser colour. Charcoal + brown doesnt look good next to each other normally but if you've light grey trousers the seperation allows the brown shoes