1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

    There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.


    Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Help on tailor measurement terms

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by novalis, Mar 10, 2005.

  1. novalis

    novalis Senior member

    Oct 19, 2004
    New York
    I recently got fitted for a MTM suit (Brooks Bros) and the tailor (the venerable Martin Greenfield himself) took a number of familiar measurements (jacket length, chest, etc). He also made one measurement of the suit jacket I was wearing and the term he used for that measurement escapes me. He measured across the center back seam to the front edge of the jacket. Does anyone know what that is called?

    On a related note, can anyone point me to an online glossary of tailoring measurements typically used in MTM/bespoke fittings?


Share This Page

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by