• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help on my first TaT suit

BostonRussell

Reaction score
With the next week I will be ordering my first TaT suit. The only suit I currently own is a navy wool. It fits decently, will probably be replaced about two suits from now.

I'm really looking for versatility. I both attend many casual events I opt to wear suits to and intend to make it my work "go to." I'm going 2 button conservative cut.

To the point I can't decide between the medium grey Prince of Wales:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_n-lCcZxYYQ...remium-PoW.jpg

and just the upgraded medium grey

http://bp1.blogger.com/_n-lCcZxYYQg/...raded-wool.jpg

I like the idea of a bit of texture to my suit but since it's only my second I'm tempted to make it as easy to dress as possible. Anyone have any pictures of that Prince of Wales fabric on a full suit?

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the medium gray TaT. VERY versatile.

If I get another TaT (#3) it's going to be a pattern of some sort (pinstripe?)

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have any pictures but a friend of mine just bought a suit that's in a similar fabric to the dark grey PoW (not from TaT but OTR from somewhere), and personally I think it looks fantastic, easily my favourite of the suits he tried on.

Not sure how versatile it would be though, maybe you should get the plain grey first if you havn't yet got a plain grey suit...

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I don't ever plan to get a plain gray suit. My first gray was a medium stripe, my next would be a pow or windowpane. If you like the PoW you should get it. That would be my preference in this choice

Smahatma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Personally I don't ever plan to get a plain gray suit. My first gray was a medium stripe, my next would be a pow or windowpane. If you like the PoW you should get it. That would be my preference in this choice
My next two piece from jason will be a medium gray flannel. The flannel adds a nice visual texture, making it pretty versatile IMO and much less boring than a plain grey worsted.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
My next suit from Jas will be a PoW three piece. I really only need the vest when I'm out on the town because the ladies love the Jonas brothers look.

and by ladies, you mean the ones that still watch Disney Channel?

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BostonRussell

Reaction score
A question about PoW. Since it's not too bold can it be worn with "check" shaped shirts? I have a few J crew Tartan shirts I'm fond of.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads