• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help needed with H&M suit

enigma7

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with H&M Modern Classic aka Black Label suits? I recently purchased a navy H&M black label suit off ebay, however I have a feeling that it might be fake. The labels in the jacket look suspect and the fit is anything but slim compared to my non-black label H&M suit.

Attachment 56226
Attachment 56227

I would appreciate any insight.

Thanks

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bellyhungry
Why would counterfeiters fake an H&M suit?

that was my first thought as well...pretty sure you can be certain its a genuine H&M.
biggrin.gif

Jay

Reaction score
Fake H&M?
laugh.gif
The suits come in different cuts. The inside of my H&M wool suit jackets say "Slim Fit" in red under the H&M label.

enigma7

Reaction score
a commonsensical point fellas. I became a little concerned because the the suit listing described it as "skinny" which the suit hardly is. I have a non-black label H&M suit in the same size which fits much slimmer than this Navy. Given that the purchase is non-refundable, is the inaccurate description "H&M SLIM FIT SKINNY NAVY *BLACK LABEL* SUIT SIZE 38R " a valid reason to ask for a refund or file a claim? http://cgi.ebay.com/H-M-SLIM-FIT-SKI...QQcmdZViewItem

ennui

Reaction score
You're asking about an H&M suit, which is not going to get a lot of responses aside from derision. It might be slightly better in SW&D, but ... probably not.

I can't imagine anyone bothering to fake H&M. Also, "skinny" is too subjective a term for you to claim that the description was deceptive. It would have been good to ask for more measurements (such as waist of the jacket) before you bought the suit.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you have doubts put it out of its misery.

enigma7

Reaction score
If the measurements listed on the ebay page are wrong, can i request a refund or file a claim?

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^

The eBay listing you provided has the following disclaimer:

"¢Buy With Confidence If Size Don't Fit a Exchange Can Be Arrange.

Have you contacted the seller and ask for a return?

enigma7

Reaction score
yes. he agrees to exchange it but the jacket measurements listed for the 38r and the 36r are near identical. i also measured the 38r jacket and measurements differ from those posted on the description. Pit to Pit: seller 19 inches vs mine 21 inches, and shoulder: seller 16.5 inches vs. mine 18.25 inches

enigma7

Reaction score
so would the inaccurate measurements be a good reason to file a claim?

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, just tell ebay he misrepresents his 36 and 38 sizes, or rather he lists his 38's as 36's as in my experience. Like I said, I wasn't to motivated to file claim with ebay and open can of worms because in the end he tried to satisfy me and sent out two suits to me, although even the suit meant to satisfy me was defective. The only reason I think he even did this was because of my attempt at my best legalese prose.
laugh.gif

Even if Ebay decides in his favor in whatever way or you have no basis for a grievance, at least leave some feedback on him and let Ebay know he is potentially a trouble seller.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads