• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

help needed - MMM, CP etc sole questions

rabbit

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to invest in a pair of MMM or CP sneakers, but before I do, I need some more information about the durability of the soles. I apologize in advance if this has been covered as I tried searching the forums, but didn't find much info (aside from RO needing to be resoled...). so here it goes:

As you can see in the sample reference pics, I wear down my shoes substantially, since I walk everywhere.

Asics - about 11 months

MMM casual/dress - worn about a dozen times

Paul Smith (Made in Italy) suede chukkas - about 8 months old

Now I am very hesitant to purchase a pair of higher end sneaks, if the soles don't hold out, or cannot be resoled. what are most people's experiences with the life of their soles, or are they used so sparingly that it doesn't even come into play? Can they even be resoled? Any suggestions on alternatives/best bets?

I'm willing to pay for quality, but not at the expense of functionality- if they wont last, then they may not be for me.

thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads