• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help needed: Buying Martin Dingman belt to match AE Strand Walnut

sky140885

Reaction score

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Medium brown, but not the precise walnut color of the shoes.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a pair of Strands recently and was wondering the same thing, does anyone have any other suggestions for good quality belts that will match Walnut Strands?

The one in the eBay posting seems legit, the guy sells a ton of belts and gets all positive feedback. Besides, I don't know who would go through the time and effort to make some fake AE belts.

Spats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
Besides, I don't know who would go through the time and effort to make some fake AE belts.
Uhhh, maybe someone in China with a 3 bucks a pop belt factory who knows that fake "luxury" brands are over represented in the market already?

Kurt N

Reaction score
The engraving seems odd. If it's genuine, maybe it's a specialty item, for instance something made for AE employees?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spats
Uhhh, maybe someone in China with a 3 bucks a pop belt factory who knows that fake "luxury" brands are over represented in the market already?

My point was just that AE usually isn't mentioned when people talk about brands that have a lot of fakes showing up on eBay. I've seen plenty of fake RL polo shirts and stuff like Gucci/Prada/LV, but never anything like AE, they're not a universally well-known brand like the other big designer names.

emptym

Reaction score
Last year I bought the Martin Dingman Smith in all three colors. I love the belt (switchable buckles, good leather, etc.) but have only worn the burgundy one. The "luggage" color is a little darker than the AE walnut, but lighter than on the Dingman website. It's really beautiful with marbled finish similar to Lobb's museum calf.

Maybe I'll regret this, but I haven't worn them in a year, so if you or someone else take a size 34, I'd sell the luggage belt for $55 shipped in the conus, or both luggage and black for $105.

Fred H.

Reaction score
Two points:

1) AE itself makes matching belts. Bought one during a recent sale.
2) The eBay seller (rcpbelts3irf) is legit. I have bought from him before.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.