• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help: Need recommendation for a bespoke/MTM tailor in Manila, Phillipines

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My close mate is getting married in the Phillipines in December and he is going to buy 5 bespoke or MTM suits for him and 4 of his groomsmen. I've replied to a previous thread about manila tailors but no one responded.

Can someone help with a quality bespoke or MTM tailor in the Phillipines please? Looking for a typical 2 button or possibly a 3 2 roll (needs to be a great roll) with lots of pick stitching and etc etc.

Please tell me what I should.

Cheers

afterglow

Reaction score
Head on over to Hong Kong, get measured first thing at WWChan/Y William Yu/Gordon Yao/Lee Baron, go back for the basted fitting the next day, take the ferry to Macau for a mind-blowing three-day bachelor party then head back to HK for a second fitting. If some adjustments are needed, they will be ready by the end of the day.

Nothing even remotely decent for bespoke/MTM in Manila. Lifeless fused jackets are the standard. Go Barong or go to HK for a decent suit.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by afterglow
Head on over to Hong Kong, get measured first thing at WWChan/Y William Yu/Gordon Yao/Lee Baron, go back for the basted fitting the next day, take the ferry to Macau for a mind-blowing three-day bachelor party then head back to HK for a second fitting. If some adjustments are needed, they will be ready by the end of the day.

Nothing even remotely decent for bespoke/MTM in Manila. Lifeless fused jackets are the standard. Go Barong or go to HK for a decent suit.

Wise advice

krakatoa

Reaction score
I cannot emphasize strongly enough that the above posters are correct - this place is hopeless for quality tailoring (except, possibly, for Ascot Chang in the Makati Shang, which I have never used). I go to Hong Kong for all my tailoring requirements, as do most of the well dressed men here.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to HK is out of the conversation. There's no way 4 of us (groomsmen) are going to fly to HK from Manila just to get a fitting.

I take it that all Manila tailors are not good. That's fine. Thanks for the input though.

Cheers

afterglow

Reaction score
If you're totally closed to the idea of getting suits in HK, have your buddy consider barongs. They're even more elegant, climate-appropriate and something we can do well.

What's the problem with HK? In terms of cost, the suits are basically a wash. You would only really be paying for tickets and lodging which can be had relatively cheap nowadays. With regard to time, if push comes to shove they can get your basted fitting done by late afternoon of the same day and as long as there aren't too many problems, they can mail the suits to you when they're done. I always get a second fitting and so far havent needed any alterations beyond the first fitting.

aon

Reaction score
I agree with the previous posts. Decent tailors do not exist in Manila. Or maybe I haven't found one yet. I'm getting married next year and I'm buying my suit in HK.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is VERY disappointing.

Giacometi

Reaction score
Hello,

Where can I find Good quality bespoke shoemaker in manila?

thanks in advance

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads