• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help, Need FIH Tie recommendation

new obsession

Reaction score
I need to buy a tie for my father. He specifically asked that I buy him one because I always criticise his collection. Think wal-mart sale rack. I decided to consult the experts -

Have any of you bought a specific tie from FIH and received numerous compliments on it, from non-dandies? (I am sure you have.) Can you point me towards them. I want to buy from FIH, but it is so hard to judge over the net.

Thanks in advance.

new obsession

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Did you call Jon (FIH) ask him regarding real life descriptions?

Jon.

Not yet, good suggestion though. Thanks, I actually hadn't thought about that.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by new obsession
Have any of you bought a specific tie from FIH and received numerous compliments on it, from non-dandies? (I am sure you have.) Can you point me towards them. I want to buy from FIH, but it is so hard to judge over the net. Thanks in advance.
I bought this one from Jonathan. It's just a beauty, made of lovely silk, and goes well with a favorite brown jacket over light or medium blue shirt, or with my navy blazer and white, cream, sky, or ecru shirt. It is self-tipped, has a self-loop, and has nice heft which helps it to tie a great knot. It has drawn compliments and is very reasonably priced ($38.50, for Pete's sake, at the moment!).

The tie is nearly identical in color to its picture on the FIHTies website. This makes me think that you can probably trust what you see there as being about what you will get (although I suppose this depends to some extent on one's monitor). The customer service is superb at FIHTies. You'll get the tie quickly and without any hassles. Go for it!
smile.gif

trogdor

Reaction score
I got this little beauty:
http://www.fourinhand.com/largeimage...60E-GF-05-Pink

It always gets a few comments (especially from the ladies -- they love a man who's brave enough to wear pink). It dimples up real nice too.

I'll second (or third, or whatever) the comments about Jonathan being a pleasure to deal with. A class act.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All that the others said about Jonathan's service is true. Excellent. And, some of his ties, etc. actually look better in reality.

new obsession

Reaction score
Thanks, gents, that is exactly the info I was looking for. As for Jonathan, I have dealt with him before, (pocket square) and I was so impressed that I am eager to do it again. Hence my desire to buy from him!!

billiebob

Reaction score
I got the same tie Roger did. I like it a lot with a blue shirt and a tan suit.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roger
I bought this one from Jonathan. It's just a beauty, made of lovely silk, and goes well with a favorite brown jacket over light or medium blue shirt, or with my navy blazer and white, cream, sky, or ecru shirt. It is self-tipped, has a self-loop, and has nice heft which helps it to tie a great knot. It has drawn compliments and is very reasonably priced ($38.50, for Pete's sake, at the moment!). The tie is nearly identical in color to its picture on the FIHTies website. This makes me think that you can probably trust what you see there as being about what you will get (although I suppose this depends to some extent on one's monitor). The customer service is superb at FIHTies. You'll get the tie quickly and without any hassles. Go for it!
smile.gif

Roger, I'm not seeing your tie, but I'd like to know which one you bought, since I'm trying to expand my primarily blue/burgundy/pink tie selection toward brown. Can you provide the link to the tie on FIHties site? Edit: Cancel that request. Your tie shows up in my quote of your post (how weird) and I already own the tie!! I also highly recommend Jonathan for his customer service. He emailed after I placed an order to say that the tie was much darker than his picture, provided several additional pictures, and allowed me to cancel part of the sale!! How many other merchants would do that??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads