1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help, Need FIH Tie recommendation

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by new obsession, Jun 28, 2006.

1. new obsession

new obsession Senior Member

I need to buy a tie for my father. He specifically asked that I buy him one because I always criticise his collection. Think wal-mart sale rack. I decided to consult the experts -

Have any of you bought a specific tie from FIH and received numerous compliments on it, from non-dandies? (I am sure you have.) Can you point me towards them. I want to buy from FIH, but it is so hard to judge over the net.

Thanks in advance.

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

Did you call Jon (FIH) ask him regarding real life descriptions?

Jon.

3. new obsession

Did you call Jon (FIH) ask him regarding real life descriptions?

Jon.

Not yet, good suggestion though. Thanks, I actually hadn't thought about that.

4. Roger

Roger Distinguished Member

Have any of you bought a specific tie from FIH and received numerous compliments on it, from non-dandies? (I am sure you have.) Can you point me towards them. I want to buy from FIH, but it is so hard to judge over the net. Thanks in advance.
    I bought this one from Jonathan. It's just a beauty, made of lovely silk, and goes well with a favorite brown jacket over light or medium blue shirt, or with my navy blazer and white, cream, sky, or ecru shirt. It is self-tipped, has a self-loop, and has nice heft which helps it to tie a great knot. It has drawn compliments and is very reasonably priced ($38.50, for Pete's sake, at the moment!).

[​IMG]

The tie is nearly identical in color to its picture on the FIHTies website. This makes me think that you can probably trust what you see there as being about what you will get (although I suppose this depends to some extent on one's monitor). The customer service is superb at FIHTies. You'll get the tie quickly and without any hassles. Go for it! [​IMG]

5. trogdor

trogdor Senior Member

I got this little beauty:
    http://www.fourinhand.com/largeimage...60E-GF-05-Pink

It always gets a few comments (especially from the ladies -- they love a man who's brave enough to wear pink). It dimples up real nice too.

I'll second (or third, or whatever) the comments about Jonathan being a pleasure to deal with. A class act.

6. bachbeet

bachbeet Distinguished Member

All that the others said about Jonathan's service is true. Excellent. And, some of his ties, etc. actually look better in reality.

7. new obsession

Thanks, gents, that is exactly the info I was looking for. As for Jonathan, I have dealt with him before, (pocket square) and I was so impressed that I am eager to do it again. Hence my desire to buy from him!!

8. billiebob

billiebob Senior Member

I got the same tie Roger did. I like it a lot with a blue shirt and a tan suit.

9. thinman

thinman Distinguished Member

I bought this one from Jonathan. It's just a beauty, made of lovely silk, and goes well with a favorite brown jacket over light or medium blue shirt, or with my navy blazer and white, cream, sky, or ecru shirt. It is self-tipped, has a self-loop, and has nice heft which helps it to tie a great knot. It has drawn compliments and is very reasonably priced ($38.50, for Pete's sake, at the moment!). [​IMG] The tie is nearly identical in color to its picture on the FIHTies website. This makes me think that you can probably trust what you see there as being about what you will get (although I suppose this depends to some extent on one's monitor). The customer service is superb at FIHTies. You'll get the tie quickly and without any hassles. Go for it! [​IMG]
    Roger, I'm not seeing your tie, but I'd like to know which one you bought, since I'm trying to expand my primarily blue/burgundy/pink tie selection toward brown. Can you provide the link to the tie on FIHties site? Edit: Cancel that request. Your tie shows up in my quote of your post (how weird) and I already own the tie!! I also highly recommend Jonathan for his customer service. He emailed after I placed an order to say that the tie was much darker than his picture, provided several additional pictures, and allowed me to cancel part of the sale!! How many other merchants would do that??

10. jml90

jml90 Distinguished Member