• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help "my friend" with dating protocol

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How come gramps here can get laid, but not lil' auld Connie?

Perhaps I'll wear pink trousers tonight. They'll flock to me like sheep to a shepherd.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara

Perhaps I'll wear pink trousers tonight. They'll flock to me like sheep to a shepherd.

I am convinced you are a troll that took over Connemara's profile after he got banned. Pink trousers are **** and pink is my favorite color. Nantucket Reds are cool.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Let's not count our chickens before they're hatched.
Well? How'd that work for you? Anything to report? And the sheep reference: I didn't realize you were originally from Montana.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Let's not count our chickens before they're hatched.

Well? How'd that work for you? Anything to report? And the sheep reference: I didn't realize you were originally from Montana.

I didn't actually wear pink pants. I wore jeans, and it got me pretty damn far, I must say.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
Absolutely no bag. Advise your friend to pack an "umbrella" or two in his pocket. Your friend's lady friend should have a spare robe and toothbrush.

Congrats to your friend; I hope he enjoys himself.
bigstar[1].gif

+1 and
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
I hope you and your guy wore condoms.

What would be the point in Connie wearing one?

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
What would be the point in Connie wearing one?
worship.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks Z. As I am.

How was SA? Break any porter's backs? How much do you suppose Hannibal had to tip when he crossed the Alps?
smile.gif

I am putting some pictures together to post. I have had a great 2 weeks - snorkling, jet skiing, climbing on forts with my son, swimming in warm water, massages on the beach, cigars, rum in fresh squeezed tropical juice, live music, etc. lot of fun. thanks for asking.

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beside not having a bag, I usually up it one the first time and get the hell out as fast as possible. I'll do the hit n run now and again but usually it's more like a crack-of-dawn gentle brush on the cheek whispering "I'll call you later" type of thing. Of course, I do call later (if appropriate) but it avoids the whole "you look and smell like a mess and I look and smell like a mess and should WE go take a shower or do want it again or after the shower maybe breakfast and when the hell is the right time to leave mind-**** situation". The side benefits are that I can then get home for some proper rest and when I do call it's always with the excuse that "I'm just so busy (and ambitious, full-of-energy, in demand,etc)". I always make a point of not over-staying my welcome and try end anything while it's still "interesting" so the other person wants more.

Just my .02 and I don't think I've ever shortchanged myself with this approach.

On the other hand, an aggressive girl would probably be turned on if you showed up for dinner and a movie with an overnight bag...but very risky IMO.

Good luck Rube (sorry but the whole "my friend" "your friend" thing was annoying the **** out of me...I'm not sure why).

Buickguy

Reaction score
So DR, not to be nosey but how did things go with your friend?

lurker[1].gif

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hear it was an absolute disaster. My friend is sort of persnicketey when it comes to neatness and cleanliness, especially when it comes to kitchens and baths. The kitchen sink, I am told, had to be scrubbed before dinner dishes could be washed. And there were, apparently, numerous items scattered about the countertop which could only be described as science projects. I guess my friend's friend spent the entire movie viewing complaining of various, previously-undisclosed, medical maladies and ailments. I guess my seeking advice for him was informative, but in the end, unnecessary.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hear it was an absolute disaster. My friend is sort of persnicketey when it comes to neatness and cleanliness, especially when it comes to kitchens and baths. The kitchen sink, I am told, had to be scrubbed before dinner dishes could be washed. And there were, apparently, numerous items scattered about the countertop which could only be described as science projects.

I guess my friend's friend spent the entire movie viewing complaining of various, previously-undisclosed, medical maladies and ailments.

I guess my seeking advice for him was informative, but in the end, unnecessary.

well, I am sorry for your friend. I would, however, say that I am proud of your friend for keeping upstandards - when I have gone through long dry periods, a stack of rotting corpses under the bed would not have been enough to keep mr happy out of play.

better luck next time. to your friend.

Buickguy

Reaction score
DR, I am truly sorry to hear that. From what I have heard some of my single friends tell, that is not an uncommon thing these days. More is the pity.

I can almost hear the conversation.

Lady: Welcome to my place
DR's Friend: Thanks.
Lady: Can I get you something?
DR's Friend: A broom, perhaps?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads