1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Help! My bespoke suit is too baggy :(

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by palmtree8, Aug 28, 2012.

1. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

Dear Mike, for real?

2. kulata

kulata Senior member

3. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Yup, very much for real. :nodding: They're basically single-use disposable suits. The quality really is dreadful. They wear them once just for the wedding, and that's usually it. Or the one of the traditions of Spring Festival is to wear new clothes, which sometimes means one of these very inexpensive suits for men.

Here's a friend of mine modelling his spiffing Laxdn of Guangzhou suit at his Hunan Province village wedding.
    [​IMG]
    He only wore it the once, AFAIK it went in the garbage afterwards. Note it's rather shiny and has the "Laxdn" sleeve label still attached.

4. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Palmtree, go to the Harry Rosen at First Canadian Place and pick up a suit from there.

They had tonnes of suits at a steep discount. Examples:

Ralph Lauren Black Label Solid Charcoal for $749 (this is a forum favourite; and they have a very aggressive cut like the suit ads you posted up) :slayer:

Lanvin Solids for $1150 :slayer::slayer:

Zegnas for $1500 :slayer::slayer::slayer:

Tom Ford Solid Charcoal for $1850 :slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

Brioni's for just over $2k :slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

But today is the last day of the sale, so move fast!!!

5. LEVOOSH

LEVOOSH Senior member

If you are going to get a back up - and I suggest that you should since the other suit looks gold and shiny - other options in Toronto besides Tom's is Harry Rosen outlet in the Heartland Town Centere in Mississauga. As with all outlets it's hit or miss but you could likely get a nice Samuelson suit for $500-600. Skip the BR Monogram.

BTW - congrats on the wedding - you will just be arm candy for the bride. The only standard you have to meet is to try to not look ridiculous -if so, no one will care what you are wearing.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  6. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

Where are the stylish man in China? The ones I met over UK dress very nice. I can imagine the norm mainlanders is that bad.

Anyway, look like your friend enjoyed the night, even forgot to remove the tag

7. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

They're mostly in Beijing and Shanghai driving BMWs.

Probably because they're wearing Kiton, Brioni or Zegna, along with Ferragamo or John Lobb shoes. :slayer: My friend is a school teacher in a Changsha primary school.

I was a very good night. Don't think we got up the next day.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  8. mason

mason Well-Known Member

The clothes look too loose or baggy on you. It certainly helps to bring along a picture of your desired style tailors do welcome images so they have a better grasp at the kind of style you're going for.

9. jsanders65

jsanders65 Active Member

too big and loose for your frame, maybe just stick with a 2-piece suit.

10. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Doesn't look like they accounted for your sloping left shoulder.

11. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

What does that have to do with the fit? :confused: