• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help! Moocher D-bag buddy trying to welch on bachelor party commitment

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
So I'm getting married in a month, and a bunch of my bros and I have been planning our Vegas trip for my bach party for, like, months. Problem is, one of my douchebag friends (he's in my wedding party no less) is trying to puss out. He's not even really my buddy - he's my stepdad's son, we never grew up together, but my mom insists I include him in everything since he's moved to NYC from the **** town where we're from. I'm supposed to "take him under my wing."

Well, he's claiming poverty. It's not my fault he's a ******* paralegal... maybe if he'd spent more time with the books and less time with the bong he wouldn't have washed out of law school. Besides, I see the clothes he wears; he's always on some gay-ass internet site talking about expensive watches and ****. I've been buying his lapdances and RBVs for years and he never pays me back; I'm even taking a huge haircut to pay most of his expenses for this trip. If his bag-of-dicks father is any indication, he's probably got something stashed away for his 420 fund, but never seems to reach for the check at Rick's.

I have a killer weekend planned; VIP bottle service at XS, cabanas poolside at Encore, Smith & Wollensky's for filets, slammin Jaeger bombs, gonna get our balls rubbed at the spa. He's probably gonna get his *********** by some plastic bitches just for hanging around with us in spite of his scruffy ass. (not even sure he's into that, i suspect he has a thing for dudes) Me and my bros are all putting in like $5 large a head but I only asked him to pay $1000, I'm picking up the rest of his tab (no big for me, my bonus last year was seven figs), but the ****** has the stones to come back at me asking if he can just pay $500.

Now what would you do with a douchebag like that?

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
judging from your description of him, i am willing to bet your dbag friend is a SF member.

given his proclivities for dudes, are you willing to front the money and have him pay you back in **'s?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
dude, i'm not gay. if you said that to my face i would beat the **** out of you.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, $5k a head for the rest of the guys? I hope you didn't ask for that setup, even if they have the cash.

Regarding the other guy that you seem to hate so much, if you're such a tough guy, sack up and tell him to pay full freight ($5K) or not go.

Also if you got paid last year, why do you care about the 5 hunj delta in the first place?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
dude, it's the principal of the thing, but with a face like that it's no wonder you don't understand.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ha, you think that's my face...

well the answer is right in front of you. be a grown-up and pick your own friends. ones that don't suck.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
sure, deny it now that i called you on it.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I feel yuh, brah.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sure, deny it now that i called you on it.

I'm not familiar with you. The inconsistency of your extreme level of immaturity vs. your $1M+ bonus claim made me think that you might be a cocky 20-year-old punk completely bs'ing, so I checked some of your posts. It looks like you're mostly involved in dumb threads, but your post in "offer letter rescinded" looked cogent, so I'm puzzled.

Not calling you a liar, there are plenty of jackasses that make a lot of money.

Anyway, this picture is a mugshot I saw online that was part of a beavis-and-butthead pair, this one being the beavis. If you saw it in higher resolution you'd see scratches all over his face. It's hilarious. I wish I still had the butthead picture, but I had it saved on an older computer.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
somebody is gonna have to clue this ugly yuppie into the joke or i'm gonna have to go all buck hunter on his ass

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ah, this thread is ruined.

unless that was yuppie's true intent, in which case that's pretty meta

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
This has not worked out well for you.

Also, cabana in Vegas in July? You made out of asbestos?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads