• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me stock my new bar

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
Whats wrong with your hands to squeeze citrus?

Inefficient--- usually doesn't get the most juice out. Not very elegant if you're making drinks for guests, and you don't want to get the juice on your hands.

I juice citrus with my hands all the time, but I can see why you wouldn't want to HAVE to do it.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Inefficient--- usually doesn't get the most juice out. Not very elegant if you're making drinks for guests, and you don't want to get the juice on your hands.

I juice citrus with my hands all the time, but I can see why you wouldn't want to HAVE to do it.

I see your point, but for a home bar setup I personally have a hard time getting hung up on a juicer.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
party at rambo's house
All my SF bud's are welcome.
BYOB. Bring Your Own Bitches. Cause Rambo sure as hell ain't supplying!
Thanks for the vote of confidence Flava Flav!
Originally Posted by Warren G.
yeah no kidding. Rambo, I use this as my squeezer : http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips.../dp/B0002BFZ16 You have jiggers or any type of measurement cups right?
I saw that at Bed Bath. Does it work well?
Originally Posted by ama
Whats wrong with your hands to squeeze citrus?
Nothing in particular. Use of a fork does wonders as well. I just thought that if I had to squeeze large amounts for drinks it would be more efficient to use a device.
Inefficient--- usually doesn't get the most juice out. Not very elegant if you're making drinks for guests, and you don't want to get the juice on your hands. I juice citrus with my hands all the time, but I can see why you wouldn't want to HAVE to do it.
This
Originally Posted by ama
I see your point, but for a home bar setup I personally have a hard time getting hung up on a juicer.
Its not exactly like I'm loosing any sleep over this. Anybody have Bar Cart suggestions?

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I saw that at Bed Bath. Does it work well?
Yup, I really love it so far. Also really useful in the kitchen as well.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Warren G.
Yup, I really love it so far. Also really useful in the kitchen as well.
Tried out the one from Target yesterday. Will be returning that for the garlic press model ASAP.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Oh, yeah, I use that Oxo citrus squeezer, too. It's great, and I've already broken one, but after it squeezed the lifejuice out of many, many, many pieces of citrus -- I think it was environmental stress corrosion cracking exacerbated by fatigue.

I wonder, even, if it extracts better flavor because some oil gets expressed from the skin as well.

~ H

premo

Reaction score
This thread is absolutely fantastic and, unlike 90% of other threads in this forum, actually full of quality information.

I'm not moving as fast as Rambo but I will be following his path.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Anybody have Bar Cart suggestions?
I use the clear c table from CB2. It goes quite nicely with the clear console. On the top shelf, it holds two cocktail books: The Art of the Bar and The Craft of the Cocktail. On the bottom shelf, it holds sixteen bottles of liquor:

Brown spirits:
1. Cognac
2. Scotch
3. Bourbon
4. Rye whiskey

Clear spirits:
5. Silver tequila
6. Silver rum
7. Vodka
8. Gin

Fruit liqueurs:
9. Combier
10. Maraschino
11. Cherry Heering
12. Campari

Other liqueurs:
13. Creme de violette
14. Green chartreuse
15. Benedictine
16. St. Germain

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rambo, you might want to look at getting just a small bookcase,it is what I did. Two shelves, hold all my booze except for a couple bottles. Could fit more on it but I like the top shelf to be less cluttered.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Rambo, you might want to look at getting just a small bookcase,it is what I did. Two shelves, hold all my booze except for a couple bottles. Could fit more on it but I like the top shelf to be less cluttered.
I think I'm going to hack some Ikea **** to get the job done. Still thinking of ideas
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Also, Crate and Barrel had something similar to this that wasn't just a wine bar. http://www.crateandbarrel.com/furnit...ne-bar/s220844
This is very nice but more than I want to spend by far.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Canvas08
how does one store lillet blanc?
Refrigerator, just like vermouth.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Build a bar cart. Home depot can cut the would to the lengths you need.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads