1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Help me spend a BR gift card.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mentos, Oct 13, 2006.

1. lsquare

lsquare Senior member

And answers quicker with a little politeness.

Excuse me?

2. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

I vote that you hold onto the BR giftcard and stock up on the basic merino sweaters they invariably issue every F/W season. They are perfect for layering, durable enough to withstand at least 2-3 years of seasonal wear, and can be found for an affordable $20-30 after Xmas. Spend the last $5 on socks or something.

3. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

Between those 3, definitely the chesterfield. I was considering having a bespoke chesterfield design made but I think I'm too poor right now for that.

BR suits always fits me weird, the blazers I have to get 1 or two sizes too big and then pay to have them heavily altered.

I like most of what BR has except for their suits, they fit too weird if anything. I have two BR blazers that I got heavily discounted. Had to buy the things two sizes too big so the chest would fit and then pay $50. I do need a topcoat though and have a $100 gift certificate so I might go that same jacket on.

4. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

Excuse me?

If you're truly puzzled, re-read your posts here and AAAC. If you're still puzzled after that, I can't help you.

5. Stu

Stu Senior member

I think BR is great for things like chinos. I also love their short sleeve shirts for spring, the kind you wear casually untucked. They did a lot of guayabera-inspired shirts last Spring and I stocked up. I got them on sale at about $20 a pop. For that price they are a steal for daily wardrobe cannon fodder.

For me the styles are great. Fit is hit and miss, and quality and construction are mediocre. But for basic stuff, see above, it is fine.