• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me safe this beauty of a denim-shirt!

Rallen

Reaction score
Hey there. I've found a nice second hand denim shirt from Nudie online, which I'm about to buy for a nice price. Only problem is that the seller washed this raw denim beauty once - which was absolutely one time too many!
eh.gif
I cant leave it alone tho .. Need to own this. My question is; can I "save" it somehow, and make the white shadows look better? I have thought about 2 possibilities .. Either wearing it all the time until it looks worn all over. Or .. Would it somehow be possible to soak it, and let the other denim bleed upon the white shadows? Thanks already!! Pictures:
r76216483671.jpg
r76215983671.JPG
r7621747b6c0.JPG

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
put some pants on

Rallen

Reaction score
What a great forum this is. Seems like everytime someone is asking a question which seems a little stupid - everybody else comes in, trolls them and spits them in their face. Nice one!

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you fail to observe forum culture and start new threads for your question, rather than post questions in the ask a question thread, you'll get a bunch of replys making fun of you i dont see how this is hard to understand

Rallen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
if you fail to observe forum culture and start new threads for your question, rather than post questions in the ask a question thread, you'll get a bunch of replys making fun of you i dont see how this is hard to understand

In that case, I guess the polite thing would have been to tell me that in the first place?

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
to answer your idiotic question, no that won't work. indigo doesn't work that way

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rallen
In that case, I guess the polite thing would have been to tell me that in the first place?

True, but you made the first mistake by not using your eyes and read. It's impossible to overlook it, unless you really want too.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey there,
Let me spit on your face
Thanks already!!!

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
putting other jeans hoping the indigo bleeds on it won't really work. you could dye it with some dye if you really want to.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wahwho11
putting other jeans hoping the indigo bleeds on it won't really work. you could dye it with some dye if you really want to.

What he's trying to say is it's not safeable.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably the only thing left to be done with that shirt is to wash it about 20 more times so it is consistently light in color. Or, overdye it black or another darker color.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads