Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help me recreate this style: Blue faced Omega watch with red leather band.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Reevolving, Aug 25, 2012.

1. GuP

GuP Senior member

Sweet. Thanks.

Does the watch still need to wound daily? I would hate that and probably stop wearing it if it started pulling stunts like that...

Will all the seiko 5s act like that? Or is it just the one you have i.e. is it a defect?

2. Reevolving

Reevolving Senior member

While it seems to have kept time the last few weeks, I would try to avoid a self-winding watch.
    There was a time I had to adjust it every morning. Now, it's just like once a week it goes dead overnight.

3. David Macleod

David Macleod New Member

Orient has a wide range of high quality in house mechanical watches, the orient is their consumer brand, and will be under 500 dollars, the Orient star is their higher end brand and will be 500 to 1000 dollars. Excellent Quality time pieces for the price.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/293508100688715608/

4. David Macleod

David Macleod New Member

[​IMG]

This was my attempt at it, i used a an Orient Star Standard
    WZ0031DV, although this is discontinued now, they do show up from time to time on ebay from 350 to 500. I chose it because it was closest in size and shape ​
    as the aqua Terra, and the own in-house movement of the Orient star gives it a uniqueness. the Strap is red brown from Hirsch, about 40 dollars and the clasp was from an old Tag i changed a while ago. The Orient star standard is an excellent quality watch weight and feel is a build quality close to the Omega with a decent in-house movement, but at 500 dollar price rather than 3000.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015

5. Matteolyon

Matteolyon New Member

Hi all,

I fell in love with the look of this watch, and intend to customize a seiko SNE049 to have a similar result. Any advice on straps I could use for it ? Some of the links in the discussion are broken / items discontinued, and this specific color looks hard to find. Any advice is more than welcome (with possible shipping to France) :)

Thanks !

Matt

6. David Macleod

David Macleod New Member

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015

7. Matteolyon

Matteolyon New Member

Many thanks David !!!