• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me recreate this style: Blue faced Omega watch with red leather band.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why fake something and not simply enjoy a genuine but cheaper article to suit your means and inclination?

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why fake something and not simply enjoy a genuine but cheaper article to suit your means and inclination?

No one's faking anything.
I want a blue watch with a red band.
I happen to think one doesn't need to spend $4000 to get that.
I am not concerned with the particular logo on the face.

Last edited:

Apollotrader

Reaction score
The mywatchmaker.com really has some fantastic looking clasps huh? And reasonable too.......

joshuasaussey

Reaction score
I have seen quite a few vintage/used blue-faced Omegas on eBay that you can usually pick up relatively cheap. I got my gold faced seamaster from there. It's a very nice looking watch.

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Apollotrader

Reaction score
If anyone wants something similar to the watch being discussed, here is a replica for $95.
The band seems more brown vs. red. STYLISH watch for $95. Maybe the more hardcore can have the logo removed.
http://www.replicameme.net/omega-replica-watch-aqua-terra-150m-gents-2803-80-37-2700-p.html

Disgusting and illegal. Feeding the counterfeit industry is not a good idea on any level. Take the time and money to do it right and it will reward you every morning when you put it on.

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only crook in this story are the watch conglomerates who charge suckers $5000 for $100 worth of product. Also, it's not illegal to buy them. Nothing "disgusting" about it. It looks just as stylish as the Omega. :embar: I know people need to rationalize purchases where the return is dubious, but if I switched your watches with fakes, you'd be none the wiser, and die a happy man. Having an extra $3900 is not a good idea on any level? I beg to differ. To each his own. Personally, I prefer not to wake up every morning knowing some corporation is laughing all the way to the bank b/c I paid a 70000% margin markup..

Here is an epic story about my friend who is a connoisseur of fake watches. I miss him.

Last edited:

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only crook in this story are the watch conglomerates who charge suckers $5000 for $100 wor fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap

Having a fake of an expensive brand is simply being more of a poser than the person who buys the expensive watch because it is expensive. Based on your logic, the only honest option is to build the watch yourself. Let us know how that turns out.

MadAboutPlaid

Reaction score
The only crook in this story are the watch conglomerates who charge suckers $5000 for $100 worth of product. Also, it's not illegal to buy them. Nothing "disgusting" about it. It looks just as stylish as the Omega. :embar: I know people need to rationalize purchases where the return is dubious, but if I switched your watches with fakes, you'd be none the wiser, and die a happy man. Having an extra $3900 is not a good idea on any level? I beg to differ. To each his own. Personally, I prefer not to wake up every morning knowing some corporation is laughing all the way to the bank b/c I paid a 70000% margin markup..

First of all, it actually is illegal to buy a fake.

As to the rest of your comments, if you think the same thing can't be said about almost everything discussed on this web site, you're delusional. Why not just buy some fake Brioni suits while you're at it? They are available.

Last edited:

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The only crook in this story are the watch conglomerates who charge suckers $5000 for $100 worth of product. Also, it's not illegal to buy them. Nothing "disgusting" about it. It looks just as stylish as the Omega.
shog[1].gif
I know people need to rationalize purchases where the return is dubious, but if I switched your watches with fakes, you'd be none the wiser, and die a happy man. Having an extra $3900 is not a good idea on any level? I beg to differ. To each his own. Personally, I prefer not to wake up every morning knowing some corporation is laughing all the way to the bank b/c I paid a 70000% margin markup..
Here is an epic story about my friend who is a connoisseur of fake watches. I miss him.
You mad?

papa kot

Reaction score
The only crook in this story are the watch conglomerates who charge suckers $5000 for $100 worth of product. Also, it's not illegal to buy them. Nothing "disgusting" about it. It looks just as stylish as the Omega.
shog[1].gif
I know people need to rationalize purchases where the return is dubious, but if I switched your watches with fakes, you'd be none the wiser, and die a happy man. Having an extra $3900 is not a good idea on any level? I beg to differ. To each his own. Personally, I prefer not to wake up every morning knowing some corporation is laughing all the way to the bank b/c I paid a 70000% margin markup..

Wow.

I actually wrote a long reply to this, but then I realized that the OP is lost. So let me summarize this in a single line: Fake watches are for fake people. Good day ya'll.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NVM

Last edited:

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please guys... DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads