• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me plan things to do in Seattle this weekend!

zeroconspiracy

Reaction score
Ok, I am going to Seattle for the first time this weekend and i need some quick tips to help plan a fun filled, robust weekend experience. This is my first visit, so if you could help answer some or all of these questions it would be much appreciated.

I have a 3 day plan (Fri, Sat, Sun) with Monday being open to anything. day one will be spent at pikes place/downtown shopping, day two will be spent in the international district, and day three will be spent around the space needle.

Here are my questions:
1) other than eating, what else is there to do in the international district? Shopping, shows or otherwise. my girlfriend is fluent in Mandarin so do not consider that a barrier to entry for this weekend.

2) would you recommend some shops for ladies (insert dirty response below). My GF is very much into designer good and courtier. I saw LV, Gucci, Barnys and Nordstrom. Anything else along the lines of hermes or chanel? do they have a specific area to walk around that would fulfill this need? Shoes stores and beg stores would be appreciated.

Follow-up: brick-n-brack shopping recommendations as well please.

3) I need vegetarian friendly food recommendations! India, thai, whatever! No fish either please.

4) are these three areas good to kill a day in with shopping and food or should i rethink my break down a bit? Reworded: would these three areas not have enough to fill 3 days worth or is there going to be a lot of boring walking around, could i do all three areas in one afternoon?

5) what exciting things are going on for the 4th of july!? day time and night time. any and all recommendations welcome.

Thanks!!!
** please note i will not have a car and will be staying in the heart of downtown next to Nordstroms.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think you need to dedicate an entire day to the ID or the space needle. One day you might consider taking the ferry over to bainbridge island and having a nice brunch or something like that.

zeroconspiracy

Reaction score
interesting. where are some good brunch spots?

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cafe Nola is the usual recommendation. Also, blackbird bakery is pretty dang good if you're looking for just a nosh and a cup of coffee/espresso. Also, if you do end up at blackbird, I would suggest ordering toast - though I don' think it's actually on the menu board.

XeF4

Reaction score
I went to some place called the pink room(I think) when I was there last. It was good food. I think it was close to the fish market. You should also do the fish market, if that already wasn't a given, but go on sunday(I think) is when they have the farmers market which is pretty big too.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ ? The market is in full swing every day, as far as I know. It might have more vendors on the weekends, but during the week it's not like the fish guys are the only thing going.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Don't go to the space needle. Go to the 40th floor of the Columbia Tower instead. Better view, less people, costs $5 a person.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics