• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me pick some shirting fabrics

mimile

Reaction score
I would suggest the following:
Grange: CC sky and AZ Pink (both very popular)
Keswick: NNR or NNG Pink
Rgent: 180 Pink
you will see that except for the AZ Pink, these patterns are not mainly pink but blue.
the CC sky is amazingly versatile.

hymo

Reaction score
I actually was planning to get samples of NNR and NNG Pink to break the tie.

CC sky is a very conservative choice. I think I would prefer a 1/4" royal blue bengal over this.

Now that you mentioned it, AZ Pink looks very interesting.

I do not see the appeal of the psychedellic Regent 180 Pink. Looks as loud as a Hawaii shirt. Maybe I should get a sample of this as well.

braised

Reaction score
The Grange MC Tan is a super versatile check, the black and tan works with grays, blues and tweeds. Keswick NY Sky stripe is great as well. B

HHD

Reaction score
I've had great service from James at Acorn, he was happy to send me a couple of fabric samples before I bought anything too. I'll definitely be buying more after the summer.

From your selection, the three I like best are NNR Pink (Keswick), NY Sky (Keswick) and 60 Lilac (Regent fancy stripes)

hymo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mimile
Look at that now. Regent 180 Pink. the pic is from the website of film noir buff
http://www.styleforum.net/images/editor/attach.gif

It really is as I feared.

Originally Posted by HHD
I've had great service from James at Acorn, he was happy to send me a couple of fabric samples before I bought anything too. I'll definitely be buying more after the summer.

From your selection, the three I like best are NNR Pink (Keswick), NY Sky (Keswick) and 60 Lilac (Regent fancy stripes)

Thanks.

Someone just told me he thinks the NNR Pink is best as bedsheet.

HHD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hymo

Someone just told me he thinks the NNR Pink is best as bedsheet.

He might well think that; I couldn't possibly comment.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I beg to differ, Acorn does sell, dobby, and jaquared style fabrics.

Acorn is good about sending swatches, they usually do it for free. Ask for feeler swatches.

I didn't see any dobby and jaquared styles on their website. can you recomend some?

Lowndes

Reaction score
anybody know how long it takes to receive samples in the mail? And if they are sent USPS or UPS?

HHD

Reaction score
Don't know about the US but mine arrived in France two days after they were sent; the shirting material I ordered arrived a day after despatch, which is a first for me.

hymo

Reaction score
The Acorns arrived today. AZ Pink is an exuberant pink -- this is going to be difficult to pull off in my office. The tan check OTOH, is muted and autumnal.

These cloths feel luxurious to my plebeian hands. They are not, however, as thick as I was led to believe. They are much better than most RTW cloths.

I'm going to have the cut edges serged then wash them a few times with my laundry before I send them off to be made up.

amdovers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by upnorth
Did you go through a reseller? Don't. Acorn ships directly to consumers (I learnt that after a lesson) and the shipping cost worldwide is always included.

I suggest you email James at acorn and have him send you the latest pricelist.

Hi,
what do you mean the "worldwide" shipping cost is included?
Do you mean that the price on the pricelist includes the shipping cost to any place in the world?
Are you sure about this, can anyone confirm it?
Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads