• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me pick some new jeans

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think what I really want is something bootcut (not straight leg bootcut), with a regular to slim fit, a really dark wash (but not unwashed), and little to no distressing. And preferably sub-$200. Do you guys know of any that fit the bill?

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The nudie bootcut Ola seems to fit the bill. Though it's only available in unwashed if you want a very dark denim.

Luc-Emmanuel

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aren't Nudies like $250 or so? Also, I don't know where to get them.

rearviewmirror

Reaction score
Earnest Sewn Hutch is a slim bootcut, there are two or three dark washes for that jean. ~190 at most retail establishments

pdc gto 1-year is about 180

there are plenty of others.. do you live in or near a major city, or do you not mind ordering online/phone ?

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Online is fine. I love the cut of PDC and Earnest, but they always have a lot of distressing (even on the 1 year).

Brian SD

Reaction score
I have seen some really lightly distressed ES Hutches at Loehmann's for around $70.

rearviewmirror

Reaction score
you can get some type of dry denim and then just wash it right away -- this is what getsmart does.

or you could go the designer route. John Varvatos has very dark jeans in bootcut with no distressing. However the U.S.A leather patch is tacky.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the quality on the JVs?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
if you have a Levis store nearby, check them out.....there seems to be quite a few slim/bootcut styles to choose from at the Levis store. and they will be under $100

for a higher end jean, i'd check out those Nudie Bootcut Olas in dry denim, i just saw a pair over the weekend and they were $175 at a store that charges higher prices than normal for Nudie, so you should be able to get them for less than that. and yea, just wash them a couple times right away if you want them to soften up. and they wont distress as easily over time if you wash right away either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads