• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me pick out a pair of Grey Jeans

CarbonRod

Reaction score
Wish those 511s would have been done in a chino style like other levis offerings. That kind of texture on a 5 pocket jean just doesn't sit right with me, reminds me too much of those cheap polyester type pants I wade through at the thrift store.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
That's gotta itch like a motherfucka.

You choose a reply; I'm too tired to self-edit.

1. You don't have to be one of those raw freaks, man -- you can wash them now and then.

2. Grow a pair. Then you can scratch 'em.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unrefinery

1. You don't have to be one of those raw freaks, man -- you can wash them now and then.

I have EG wool pants that are lined to the knee, are regular-fitted, and still itch a bit. I'll give Levi's the benefit of the doubt that they're not complete morons but typically: 1) the cheaper the wool, the worse it feels against your skin. For $80, guess which wool they're using. 2) itchy fabric + a skinny cut do not a fun sartorial experience make. Do you also tell people to "grow a pair" for not wearing pants made of poison oak?

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unrefinery

Unrefinery blog post #300 - WHY WE ARE TIRED OF ITCHY WOOL JEANS!!!!

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
try out the naked and famous cashmere grey.

so cool, they look like dress pants when worn!

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
It has a bit of stretch in it, right? I picked up a pair but returned it because the denim and details was just really average for the price.
More about the cut than anything. I'm hoping the thigh stretches a bit because if so it will be my dream fit jean. My indigo pipes definitely stretched a fair bit. The mid grey tone is pretty ideal as well.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Uniqlo has great T-000 gray jeans

James_M

Reaction score
Originally Posted by djblisk
I just came back from Barneys and they had the Jeans Shop special edition Grey Selvedge jeans. The jeans look great except for the orange stitching. So now I am on the hunt for a pair. Have you guys seen any cool ones?

What size are you? I've got a pair of Naked and Famous weird guys grey selvedge I'm thinking of selling. They're brand new, worn once. Very nice jeans I just don't have a lot of things to wear with grey.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
More about the cut than anything. I'm hoping the thigh stretches a bit because if so it will be my dream fit jean. My indigo pipes definitely stretched a fair bit. The mid grey tone is pretty ideal as well.
The Pipes I'm thinking of don't have the same hand as the indigo version. I don't think they were 100% cotton as they literally had stretch in them, not that they would stretch out after repeated wears.

d-nice

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I like the one I got from Spurr recently, it's more vintage grey though. Never had a softer and more comfortable pair w/o breaking in.
+1 for Spurr. Gilt has had some grey Spurr jeans on recently for around 100 bucks.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for a pair of straight or slim straight selvage grey jeans, preferably grey warp and weft, for forever, with no luck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads