Help me pick my new job title

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by unjung, Mar 26, 2009.

1. unjung

unjung Senior member

A few days ago, I posted about a new job I am considering. I've been doing contract work for a real estate investment company and we're getting close to a permanent offer. They have asked me what sort of title I want, as they're fairly do-it-yourself. I will be responsible for following up on warm leads from third-party advisors, as well as from our seminars, and working to close investors (make them commit their money), and assisting them with the legal paperwork. I will be reporting to the Investor Relations Manager. All I know for sure is that I don't want to be a "representative," and I believe legally I can't be called an "advisor."

So I turn to the wisdom of the forum for my new title: Investor Relations ________________

No jokes.

2. radicaldog

radicaldog Senior member

officer, associate, consultant.

3. Aperipan

Aperipan Senior member

A few days ago, I posted about a new job I am considering. I've been doing contract work for a real estate investment company and we're getting close to a permanent offer. They have asked me what sort of title I want, as they're fairly do-it-yourself. I will be responsible for following up on warm leads from third-party advisors, as well as from our seminars, and working to close investors (make them commit their money), and assisting them with the legal paperwork. I will be reporting to the Investor Relations Manager. All I know for sure is that I don't want to be a "representative," and I believe legally I can't be called an "advisor."

So I turn to the wisdom of the forum for my new title: Investor Relations ________________

No jokes.

Investor Relations Director, North American branch.

4. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

no jokes = no fun

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Investor Relations for Bigtimers.

6. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

always liked ernst rohm's title:
    minister without portfolio

7. unjung

unjung Senior member

8. Aperipan

Aperipan Senior member

[​IMG]

I hope you're not scheming any terrorist activity. Photograph is incriminating evidence of intent; automatic dismissal of affirmative defense.

9. unjung

unjung Senior member

I hope you're not scheming any terrorist activity. Photograph is incriminating evidence of intent; automatic dismissal of affirmative defense.

Get out of my thread!

10. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Time Share Shamster?

Is this the position? Closing time shares?

Investor Relations Vacation Interupter Co-ordinator

12. unjung

unjung Senior member

Is this the position? Closing time shares?

Investor Relations Vacation Interupter Co-ordinator

Naw. The company does single and multi-family development, land banking (buy land, service it, sit on it until someone wants to build a shopping complex/power center on it), and currently they're also buying foreclosed homes in Phoenix, renting them out, then selling them after five years and splitting the profits with investors. It's still real estate which is scammy in and of itself, but I don't think this job is any more scammy than what I was doing before. They are regulated by the provincial securities commission.

13. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

No jokes.

Manager, Investor Relations
    Investor Relations Manager
    Investor Relations Associate
    Associate, Investor Relations

Since you do business development, I don't like "analyst" and like you I dislike representative. Manager is kind of lame. Associate is probably best. What level are you? midcareer or pretty low in the totem pole? if on the mid to higher side you can use Director.

14. unjung

unjung Senior member

Manager, Investor Relations
    Investor Relations Manager
    Investor Relations Associate
    Associate, Investor Relations

Since you do business development, I don't like "analyst" and like you I dislike representative. Manager is kind of lame. Associate is probably best. What level are you? midcareer or pretty low in the totem pole? if on the mid to higher side you can use Director.

Associate sounds good when it's a lawyer but crappy in sales, unfortunately, but I appreciate the effort.

I'm low on the totem pole. This company just has a problem of a top-heavy organization. There are 12 people in this office and as far as I know nine are "VPs," including a girl I graduated with.

15. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I think you should go with associate. In a couple of years you can switch to VP