• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me pick my new job title

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few days ago, I posted about a new job I am considering. I've been doing contract work for a real estate investment company and we're getting close to a permanent offer. They have asked me what sort of title I want, as they're fairly do-it-yourself. I will be responsible for following up on warm leads from third-party advisors, as well as from our seminars, and working to close investors (make them commit their money), and assisting them with the legal paperwork. I will be reporting to the Investor Relations Manager. All I know for sure is that I don't want to be a "representative," and I believe legally I can't be called an "advisor."

So I turn to the wisdom of the forum for my new title: Investor Relations ________________

No jokes.

Aperipan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
A few days ago, I posted about a new job I am considering. I've been doing contract work for a real estate investment company and we're getting close to a permanent offer. They have asked me what sort of title I want, as they're fairly do-it-yourself. I will be responsible for following up on warm leads from third-party advisors, as well as from our seminars, and working to close investors (make them commit their money), and assisting them with the legal paperwork. I will be reporting to the Investor Relations Manager. All I know for sure is that I don't want to be a "representative," and I believe legally I can't be called an "advisor."

So I turn to the wisdom of the forum for my new title: Investor Relations ________________

No jokes.

Investor Relations Director, North American branch.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
no jokes = no fun

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Investor Relations for Bigtimers.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
always liked ernst rohm's title:
minister without portfolio

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crashingplane.jpg

Aperipan

Reaction score
crashingplane.jpg

I hope you're not scheming any terrorist activity. Photograph is incriminating evidence of intent; automatic dismissal of affirmative defense.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aperipan
I hope you're not scheming any terrorist activity. Photograph is incriminating evidence of intent; automatic dismissal of affirmative defense.

Get out of my thread!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Time Share Shamster?

Is this the position? Closing time shares?

Investor Relations Vacation Interupter Co-ordinator

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Is this the position? Closing time shares?

Investor Relations Vacation Interupter Co-ordinator

Naw. The company does single and multi-family development, land banking (buy land, service it, sit on it until someone wants to build a shopping complex/power center on it), and currently they're also buying foreclosed homes in Phoenix, renting them out, then selling them after five years and splitting the profits with investors. It's still real estate which is scammy in and of itself, but I don't think this job is any more scammy than what I was doing before. They are regulated by the provincial securities commission.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No jokes.

Manager, Investor Relations
Investor Relations Manager
Investor Relations Associate
Associate, Investor Relations

Since you do business development, I don't like "analyst" and like you I dislike representative. Manager is kind of lame. Associate is probably best. What level are you? midcareer or pretty low in the totem pole? if on the mid to higher side you can use Director.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Manager, Investor Relations
Investor Relations Manager
Investor Relations Associate
Associate, Investor Relations

Since you do business development, I don't like "analyst" and like you I dislike representative. Manager is kind of lame. Associate is probably best. What level are you? midcareer or pretty low in the totem pole? if on the mid to higher side you can use Director.

Associate sounds good when it's a lawyer but crappy in sales, unfortunately, but I appreciate the effort.

I'm low on the totem pole. This company just has a problem of a top-heavy organization. There are 12 people in this office and as far as I know nine are "VPs," including a girl I graduated with.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think you should go with associate. In a couple of years you can switch to VP

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads