• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

    Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help me pick my new job title

unjung

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Messages
6,346
Reaction score
13
A few days ago, I posted about a new job I am considering. I've been doing contract work for a real estate investment company and we're getting close to a permanent offer. They have asked me what sort of title I want, as they're fairly do-it-yourself. I will be responsible for following up on warm leads from third-party advisors, as well as from our seminars, and working to close investors (make them commit their money), and assisting them with the legal paperwork. I will be reporting to the Investor Relations Manager. All I know for sure is that I don't want to be a "representative," and I believe legally I can't be called an "advisor."

So I turn to the wisdom of the forum for my new title: Investor Relations ________________

No jokes.
 

Aperipan

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2008
Messages
619
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by unjung
A few days ago, I posted about a new job I am considering. I've been doing contract work for a real estate investment company and we're getting close to a permanent offer. They have asked me what sort of title I want, as they're fairly do-it-yourself. I will be responsible for following up on warm leads from third-party advisors, as well as from our seminars, and working to close investors (make them commit their money), and assisting them with the legal paperwork. I will be reporting to the Investor Relations Manager. All I know for sure is that I don't want to be a "representative," and I believe legally I can't be called an "advisor."

So I turn to the wisdom of the forum for my new title: Investor Relations ________________

No jokes.


Investor Relations Director, North American branch.
 

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Oct 5, 2008
Messages
14,690
Reaction score
6,625
no jokes = no fun
 

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
79,581
Reaction score
58,404
Investor Relations for Bigtimers.
 

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
18,119
Reaction score
3,246
always liked ernst rohm's title:
minister without portfolio
 

Aperipan

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2008
Messages
619
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by unjung


I hope you're not scheming any terrorist activity. Photograph is incriminating evidence of intent; automatic dismissal of affirmative defense.
 

unjung

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Messages
6,346
Reaction score
13
Originally Posted by Aperipan
I hope you're not scheming any terrorist activity. Photograph is incriminating evidence of intent; automatic dismissal of affirmative defense.

Get out of my thread!
 

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
79,581
Reaction score
58,404
Originally Posted by edmorel
Time Share Shamster?

Is this the position? Closing time shares?

Investor Relations Vacation Interupter Co-ordinator
 

unjung

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Messages
6,346
Reaction score
13
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Is this the position? Closing time shares?

Investor Relations Vacation Interupter Co-ordinator


Naw. The company does single and multi-family development, land banking (buy land, service it, sit on it until someone wants to build a shopping complex/power center on it), and currently they're also buying foreclosed homes in Phoenix, renting them out, then selling them after five years and splitting the profits with investors. It's still real estate which is scammy in and of itself, but I don't think this job is any more scammy than what I was doing before. They are regulated by the provincial securities commission.
 

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
12,154
Reaction score
1,431
Originally Posted by unjung
A few days ago, I posted about a new job I am considering. I've been doing contract work for a real estate investment company and we're getting close to a permanent offer. They have asked me what sort of title I want, as they're fairly do-it-yourself. I will be responsible for following up on warm leads from third-party advisors, as well as from our seminars, and working to close investors (make them commit their money), and assisting them with the legal paperwork. I will be reporting to the Investor Relations Manager. All I know for sure is that I don't want to be a "representative," and I believe legally I can't be called an "advisor."

So I turn to the wisdom of the forum for my new title: Investor Relations ________________

No jokes.



Manager, Investor Relations
Investor Relations Manager
Investor Relations Associate
Associate, Investor Relations

Since you do business development, I don't like "analyst" and like you I dislike representative. Manager is kind of lame. Associate is probably best. What level are you? midcareer or pretty low in the totem pole? if on the mid to higher side you can use Director.
 

unjung

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Messages
6,346
Reaction score
13
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Manager, Investor Relations
Investor Relations Manager
Investor Relations Associate
Associate, Investor Relations

Since you do business development, I don't like "analyst" and like you I dislike representative. Manager is kind of lame. Associate is probably best. What level are you? midcareer or pretty low in the totem pole? if on the mid to higher side you can use Director.


Associate sounds good when it's a lawyer but crappy in sales, unfortunately, but I appreciate the effort.

I'm low on the totem pole. This company just has a problem of a top-heavy organization. There are 12 people in this office and as far as I know nine are "VPs," including a girl I graduated with.
 

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
12,154
Reaction score
1,431
I think you should go with associate. In a couple of years you can switch to VP
 

Featured Sponsor

Do you follow any clothing retailers on any online platforms/social media besides Styleforum? Choose up to 2

  • Yes, I like to stay up to date with new drops/releases

  • Yes, but only on Instagram

  • Yes, but only a few carefully selected brands and retailers

  • No, because I don't want to be exposed to more marketing

  • No, I only subscribe to their newsletters


Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
483,868
Messages
10,294,904
Members
216,410
Latest member
EemaMoran
Top