• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help me pick a briefcase

GBer

Reaction score
SAB

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Jack Georges ones are more professional, if you are asking about it within a law firm environment.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

the.chikor

Reaction score
I have seen the Jack Georges in person and know several attorneys who have them. They are very well made, Italian leather, made in NJ I believe. Good stuff. I have not seen their belting/bridle leather products however-so I can't comment on that.

If you like the aesthetics, you will not regret it. I have not seen Saddleback leather goods. They look like very rugged stuff-well made. However, a different genre-more the Indian Jones and the Temple of doom look. So, I guess it is what the intended use of the bag is that will dictate what you might what to purchase.

People mentioned SAB-very good stuff, but much more expensive. I am sure you won't regret any of the aforementioned. While you are in the market-check out Glaser Designs, Mulholland Bros, Moore and Giles, Walden Bags and others out there. Post pics of your purchase!

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#1 and #2 are more law firm, but seem a little too small and dainty. Maybe one of the larger JG cases. Also, check out customhide.com. They have several that are kind of inbetween the styles you linked, like this:

or this

HEPennypacker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
+2

+3...save a few months.

Although if you're considering that saddleback one (which looks too rugged, imo), you might as well get the Filson Field Satchel if you must have a briefcase now.

GBer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HEPennypacker
+3...save a few months.

Although if you're considering that saddleback one (which looks too rugged, imo), you might as well get the Filson Field Satchel if you must have a briefcase now.

+4 Use something decent (or company provided) starting off and save. Then get a SAB.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At $2-$300, I'd get a Filson canvas (256 or 257) - what I use.

At $5-600, I'd get a M&W traveler (crappy pics on their site but they use really nice horween leather and stitching seems excellent)

At ~$1k I'd get a Glaser, and having admittedly never handled either in person, I see no reason to spend money on top of that for a SAB. Glasers look amazing.

rsmcclelland

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know of customhide. I'm kind of leaning toward one of these now.

Anyone have experience with either of these?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.